Forum upgrade August 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    I'll quite happily have a look if you'd like me to, but I don't know which bit you mean when you say 'Latest posts' - I can see the Forum front page, I can see the 'Latest activity' to the right of it, I can't see anywhere where it says 'latest posts' - see what I mean? I can probably fix it, but I can't reproduce the issue.
    Yeah... my bad, I mean "Latest Activity"... not my imaginary "Latest Posts".

Posts with youtube-links will not show up there.

Not that it's a big deal, but if you think the solution is simple it would be nice to iron that glitch out.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I click the "chain-link" when creating a new post and add the link of the (youtube) video.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        OK - looking now.

OK Jan-Olav, I don't think it likes inserting those as Links.

If however you insert it as a video, I think it will work.

Not currently working with the Youtube button - just investigating that.

Inserted as a video ...

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Ahaa... OK, no worries at all. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Very nice video by the way! WAOW!

Comment

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            First thing that came up when I searched for Honningsvåg on YouTube. It is cool isn't it! Bet it won't be that sunny when we visit later in the year.

Mark, I've just got over the heartrending sobs/naughty words stage, but the system won't let me edit a post. On the What Place Is This thread, as my puzzle pic. has been solved, I went to attribute the photo. Clicked Edit, the appropriate box appeared, I edited, clicked Save - but it didn't. I tried three times but nothing doing. I refreshed, changed to another thread, returned, tried again. But still won't play.
          It's no real problem in this case as I just did the attribution as a Comment, but could be a nuisance.
          But don't do anything just yet Mark, as it is probably just a one off blip. If no-one else reports a similar problem then it might be worth looking into. Something to do in the tin hut when you're tired of gazing out of the window wishing there were somthing to do.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Just trying to see if I can make it do the same thing.

Nah - works for me. The world is just picking on our Ivy today.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh sorry, Mark. In my post above I said "If no-one else reports a similar problem then it might be worth looking into." What I should have said is: "If someone else......"
              BAH ! But many thanks for checking.

Not quite sure what happened to CVF over the past few days. Seems to have been a database server issue, but unfortunately that resulted in a large number of error messages being sent to my emails - Webhuset picked that up as being a SPAM issue and shut down the outgoing email system. All seems to be back to normal now, but I suspect we're going to be without notification messages for some time.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Clipper
              Clipper commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers Mark. I find notifications to be sporadic at best so I won't particularly miss them.

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't been on CVf for several days but having just fired up Firefox all permanent tabs camu up normally except CVF. Instead there was a message to say there was a system error and to contact blah blah. I refreshed and up came CVF normally. I cheered, closed Firefox down, started again and the forum came up first time as usual.
              As to notifications - same as Clipper, I rarely get them and am not bothered about them.
              Fear not, Mark, onward, ever onward. (though can't think why, actually........)

I spent a while on chat with Webhuset during the "outage" last weekend, everything should now be back to normal, including e-mails notifications and such.

If you see anything off or odd, please do let us know.

Comment

I'm not seeing any email notifications - maybe just me.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Presently i have some problems to post something. Forum does not accept editing and states a database error when posting or commenting. After refreshing the page it took the post and comment, but not the editing. Anyone else with similar hick-ups???
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Yes Ralf. I sent a PM to Mark a while ago.
                  I was posting a birthday greeting to Jan-Olav, using capital letters as usual, then when I pressed Post it flashed up OK but immediately changed to small letters. Tried several times with the same result. Then I clicked Edit and wrote a little apology down in the corner, clicked Save, only for the refreshed Post to reappear but without the edited message. I then did a Comment and that appeared OK.
                  I used a PM rather than posting the problem here because having had some work done on my laptop, including a solid state disk swop for my old drive I (not happy with the result though) wondered if that were the cause. I couldn't see why it should be, but you never know!
                  Ivy

Comment

The Forums index page is not updating either. My post above in reply to Ralf's does not show in the first forum of the index. (Yes, I did refresh) Also, I have just checked for my Comment on birthday greetings to Jan-Olav (see my post above). It's not there. Why must it happene on a special post??? grr-rrrrrrrrrrr.
                    Ivy

Comment

Eee-ee. It's gone crackers. After refusing to accept the above post - fiirst a technical no-can-do mesage, then saying it was a duplicate of one I just did, then saying I must wait 30 secs. before posting again.
                      Went back to index page and the forum had updated correctly.
                      Ivy

Comment

I don't think it's terribly well at the moment. As I warned some months ago though I simply don't have the time to maintain the system, and so we really need someone else to take that responsibility on. We've been having loads of database errors for some time now, they come and go. I'm nervous about doing an update because I never trust the software not to die completely.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Having said that, I had no trouble making that post and it appears on the Forum list too. I'll try to find time to LOOK AT CAPITAL letters for Ivy too.

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          May be worth refreshing your caches if possible.
                      Working...
                      X