Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoloUK
    replied
    I'll quite happily have a look if you'd like me to, but I don't know which bit you mean when you say 'Latest posts' - I can see the Forum front page, I can see the 'Latest activity' to the right of it, I can't see anywhere where it says 'latest posts' - see what I mean? I can probably fix it, but I can't reproduce the issue.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    hmmm... not sure how to explain this properly, but if I make a post containing a youtube-video / link, it doesn't show up in Latest Posts on my side.

It's not a big deal - not a big enough issue to spend a lot of time on.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    I don't really understand the question. I can see the post under both 'Latest activity', and as the latest post in the 'Captainsvoyageairlines - aviation interest' General Aviation section.

What am I missing?

Leave a comment:

• Oistein
    replied
    I don't see it as a new post on the Forum front, but I see it under New Topics. Strange.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Dear friends of CVF,

I noticed some strange behaviour today here at CVF, I've experienced it in the past as well a few times.

When you create a reply to a thread containing a youtube link/ video, the reply will not show up on the front page under "Latest posts", nor will it necessarily show up as a new post when navigating to the Forum "front".

My question is therefore, can you guys and girls see the new reply that was created (in Aviation section today)?

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    I will have to do the next upgrade fairly soon - the current version is throwing up a lot of SQL errors (the system that accesses the database) at the moment. Hopefully they'll go away when we update to the next version or the one after that. I just remain nervous that the system is stable when we do that - we've been lucky for the past few upgrades, but I'm always mindful about how much work has gone into this from all of us over such a long time. I'll give it at least a week though.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Okidoki - glad you’re back!

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    All is well this morning, Mark. To avoid clogging up this thread I'll PM you to describe what happened in case it sheds any light on it. Many thanks for the tip about the cache, I've made a note in my bible for future reference and will have a dekko.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs/Ivy I don't think it's anything to do with the upgrade, otherwise Ivy wouldn't have been able to post yesterday. Ivy, I think you use Firefox? Could you try clearing the cache: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-firefox-cache

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    OK Thijs - I'll have a look to see if I can find any reason for that. I hope that no-one else has the same problem - I think that nearly all of the normal crowd have my email address so they can almost certainly get hold of me.

• janihudi
    replied
    Mark the update has shut out Ivy completly.
    she cant make a reply or make new comments at cvf anymore since her last reply on the woudrichem trhead.
    she also can't' pm you.so wil send you an mail about it later.she has logged in the right way, but nothing allows her to get in here.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks both. I just worry about all the time and effort that we've all invested over the years, so hate the idea of anything going wrong. We're actually currently two updates behind, so I'll put them on the trial site tonight and check that all is well there.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    nothing of notice that something works different.
    must be okay than

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    The wheels still seems to keep on turning - so that's a succes then?!?!

• PoloUK
    replied
    OK, backup and upgrade done. Hopefully none of us will see any difference.

I need to do another similar upgrade in a little while, but I need to upgrade our test site first to make sure there's nothing frightening going on with that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X