Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yvneac
    replied
    Thank you Mark for all this time you spent to update our forum.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Can you just confirm what type of browser you're using? And which version of Windows?

I will have to moderate the time I spend on here for a little while, but hopefully it's only simple things for us to cope with now.

Do keep telling me when you find things though.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Call me "thickie."
    BTW I have just checked the Subscriptions on one or two other members' Profiles and that garbage appears there, also. Can't see that it wouild affect anything though.
    Yes, I have better things to do with my time.........

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm. You're much brighter than me, so I'm sure it's just my confusion. But that's what I mean. I don't have a bubble next to my name on posts I've made, because I wouldn't want to start a conversation (PM) with myself (most days). What am I missing?

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    NOT true. When I hover over other people's bubbles it says "start a conversation with Polo, Sterkoder, etc...".
    Yes, I like the drop down menu for "Messages" at the top of the page. Just a lazy way of getting to the one particular bit you want. Actually I'm getting a robot to do all this arduous stuff for me, then it can call me when everything is ready.

• PoloUK
    replied
    Wonderful sky Svein.

I notice that the text colours on the site aren't quite what we thought they would be from the test site. You may see this evolve over the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• NewPol
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it's a link to the PM system. You don't get a bubble next to your name 'cos vBulletin assume you don't want to send yourself a PM.

The new PM system is rather cool (see, I'm down with the kidz), a bit like Skype.

(Posting as NewPol since I don't seem to be able to comment as an administrator on this thread. Grrrr).

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I have no suggestions, I totally depend on you guys to make this out. Trust you unlimited. Thanks for doing a great job!

Maybe I'll test including a picture while I'm here. This one is from a visit at Solskjelsøya island at Tustna, and we see the ferry EDØYFJORD between Smøla and Tustna. View almost due west

SSL22800 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Oi, why haven't I got that jolly little balloon next to my name under my avatar at the side of my posts, like wot everyone else has? And is it just a quick way of going to your PM?

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    My profile is fine and seems to be all there (which I fear I am not), but I thought I'd better report all that garbage in case it had repercussions elsewhere in the forum.

You said the following somewhere or other, Mark:

"PS - just posted an edit on Firefox from PC - hope I remembered the right combination for you Ivy! The screen is very, very pallid on Firefix anyway - the border is missing in fact!"

I think when you say border that is what I meant when I was nattering about the black/navy blue band between the pale blue and white sections at the top of the main page. That's where I can only see a thin dark line placed above the word "Forums". No nice big division between the two areas..Is that just Firefox? Yet it has always been there in the previous CVF version.
    Logging in I was pleasantly surprised to find I was already logged in on this site. See if it recognises me tomorrow.
    And am so pleased you've sorted that silly minimum number of characters demand!
    . .

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmm - reduced size by 50%. Possible looks better size-wise, but it's gone blurry. Shouldn't have done, it's a PNG. Never mind, that's tomorrow's problem. Bye-ee.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, it's a bit too big, I would scale it down to 40-50% of the current size.
    There's something funny happening when sizing down the browser window, the logo goes down to a very small sized one.
    I can see my profile and subscriptions.

• NewPol
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmm - it doesn't seem ecstatic with Firefox on PC does it. Will keep digging. But not tonight! I'm not getting the same error that you are, I can see my profile without problems, but it doesn't seem to want to log in.

• PoloUK
    replied
    OK, that's interesting. I can see my profile OK with Explorer. I'll try with a few other browsers.

We mustn't forget your good ideas about tidying up the style of the new views. Perhaps we need to reduce the size of the logo, and then I think it was the border at the top? I think we've possibly gone a little white which isn't helping contrast much. Keep reminding us please!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Yes, can Comment.
    But something odd - I went to my profile to see if it would let me view my subscriptions to threads (the old site wouldn't allow it) and this was at the top of the page: it is only on that one page, othera in my profile are OK (I think)

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in .../vb/api/page.php on line 288 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 4 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 5 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 16 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 27 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 27 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 44 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 53 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 53 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 3 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 4 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 14 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 17 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 25 Warning: Illegal string offset 'currentpage' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 84 Warning: Illegal string offset 'totalpages' in /home/C/captainsvoyageforumc/www/includes/vb5/template.php(318) : eval()'d code on line 84

Leave a comment:

Working...
X