X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    SKÅL! Cheers to Mark
    If I had more time today I would have tried to make a cartoon of the good ship CaptainsVoyage with Polo-mint-shaped life belts!

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Interestingly it doesn't do it on the test environment. Gives something to look at. Sainsbury's. Bye.

Guest replied
    You have obviously done a very good job with the upgrade of the forum, Mark
    To me, it works excellent
    Quick to go between the different threads and, not least, posting photos goes faster than ever before.

Thanks again for excellent work, Mark and of course a big thank you to the others who have worked with this as well.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Ah - found exactly what you mean! It's not FF, there's an error in the template file for that subscriptions page. Something for me to look at. Sainsbury's beckons first though.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Glad it worked Ivy. Hopefully the FF problem on profiles will disappear over time too.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Oh yippee! A deep blue band has appeared just where it used to be on the previous site. Actually, for my laptop with Firefox it is a richer colour than before, which was so dark I couldn't decide whether it was blue or black. It makes such a difference, don't you think, gives that area definition.
    The man's a marvel.
    But thank you, Mark, i hope you like it that way too.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully I've fixed both the commenting issue and the 'most users ever was 3 weeks ago on 3 weeks ago' issues.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    How's that?

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    What I can do here, which I don't think you can on your account, is to switch between styles. If I go to the default style, there is a deep blue band that the 'Forums', 'Blogs', 'Articles' and 'Groups' options were in. Is that what you meant? If so, that is fixable.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    See my Comment (no.7) at #6 above for the garbage thing on the subscrptions page. I should think you can forget that.
    But all the colours seem richer now (or is it my eyes? don't think so). The blue behind the logo certainly seemed better yesterday and is still good today. Can't do it now, but I want to fire up my old netbook (means connecting it up to the router etc. etc.) to get Explorer on it as I think that is a slightly newer version than I have here on the laptop, then i can check on that nice black band below the banner that I can no longer see here on Firefox. Will report later.
    Hey, is the upgrade complete or is there still the final thing to be done - the one Jan-Olave was consulting with the host about today? I ask, because there is a change on the main page with My Subscriptions as a choice at the top. Sure that wasn't there yesterday.

• PoloUK
    replied
    Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Sorry for the change of colours this afternoon - I suddenly remembered what we'd done on the test environment.

Ivy - I don't think this fixes the problems you've asked me to look at (eventually) yet does it?

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Firefox 52.2.1 and Windows Vista Home Premium.
    Mark, this is not vital at the moment and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems anywhere for anyone so far. How many of us use that subscriptions page in our profile, anyway? I think I was just looking through my profile to see it it was all there- a purely academic exercise as I rarely go there.
    It is perhaps a one-time thing for Polo to play with when he's not snowed under with everything else. Forget it for a bit.

• pakarang
    replied
    Dear all,

It's been a long journey working on upgrading the forum together with Mark! As I said before, there is no way in the world I would have been able to do all of this alone.

The hard work and effort is mostly on Mark I feel, and we all need to really understand that he has sacrificed a lot of time on helping us all out!

The job done is a job well done and I for one, is also pleased with the result and speed of things now!

As we say in Norway: SKÅL FOR FREMTIDEN!

(Loosely translated as Cheers! to the future!)

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Ivy - I wonder if you need to 'clear your cache' (not trying to be personal!). If you click on the three horizontal bars at the top right of the FF screen, then options, advanced, network - and clear cached web content. I can't make FF misbehave on PC at home, so I wonder if something odd has crept in.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Have changed most of them to the blue/red scheme we had tried on the test environment.
Working...
X