Who am I to ask? (But I can't help it)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who am I to ask? (But I can't help it)

I'm not affraid to say that I spend a lot of time here at CVF.
    (Someone might want to tell me: -"Get a life!", as people spending much time in front of a pc often are told).

Before, about three-four weeks ago (or was it just before J-O left for Gdansk?, I don't quite remember), there were many visitors in here almost at any given time.
    Now I'm often alone (together with 'Guests') in the 'Who's online?' section, and I wonder why...?
    I count only 3-5 members posting on a more or less regular basis, and there are a lot less "life" in here now than before.

Anything happened, or are we so dependent on our dear captain that we're completely unable to post without him being present??

I miss the days where I could eat my dinner after work, make myself a cup of coffee and sit down by the pc to click into CVF and 'New Posts'.
    Now the message are just as often: "Sorry, there are no new posts since last visit".

Anyone else got the same feeling, or am I just being too concerned...??
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Hey Big S!! Well I have to admit to being away playing with the "girls" in New York for the past week.... I have so much to share in my "files" but autumn and "back to school" time is wild here...............

Comment

Same here, Sterkoder. So often I find I'm the only member onsite. I've puzzled over it, but I'm sure that normally we regulars (and I count myself amongst that group, I don't know whether you do?) have plenty to tell, show and respond to without depending on J-O to be around. I know I have a life outside CVF, and despite many years of retirement it is an extremely busy one. In fact I've withdrawn from some things in recent years because my interests are such that something had to go and I have to assert my personal priorities, letting others take over some of the things I've been doing for years.
      But I admit, I do spend a great deal of time on CVF, loving every minute and making so many friends.
      This quiet period is just one of those things. Don't worry about it. (I'll always talk to you if you get lonely!
      Last edited by wherrygirl; November 16th, 2010, 18:09.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

i have that same feeling,but already from the moment that j-o get's his job on the ferry,i could see every time on sv when j-o was sailing his ferry.
        not many posts at that moment,but getting afread when he was back,i was reading the whole evening to follow al his posts.
        i know j-o give's you always a answer,he is a easy talker, so there was always something to do,but now he was to gdansk it seems that cv was shipwreced.
        but from the active members who are online, are mostly the same.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

No, I will not worry...., and to be honest, I don't.
          I just felt to post these thoughts, because CVF is the forum from where I've met most fellow members live, and made good friends.
          I guess I was just nervous that the CVF should wander into the sunset, but mostly; I guess I miss you all!!!!

Comment

Ah! Sterkoder, not a chance of us going into the sunset! I am always on every night, I think that I nearly always post something every day. And that can be anything! lol
            Maybe what we need is some kind of an icon that lights up letting you know who's live online, and then a dedicated section so you can just chat / text or something like that. Kinda like telling us that we're all here, if I've just made any sense at all? I usually don't! lol
            Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Hey..., thank you all for having ideas about this.
              You know, it is not my intention to chain you all to your pc's or mac's...., I just thought I senced much less activity than before.

Well...., let's hope for an active winter. Great to have you around!

Comment

Aha! I'm always here my friend, never a dull day even though it's winter. I shall be looking forward to new years eve in front of my PC again, if I remember correctly last new years eve I ended up rather drunk in charge of my PC on CV! lol
                If this new years eve is as much fun as the last one, it could be quite a hoot. Why is it we dig out our most embarrassing photos when we've had a few beers! lol

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                  ....Maybe what we need is some kind of an icon that lights up letting you know who's live online....l
                  We have that!!!!!!!!!!!!! – see the little circle next to your name? – it turns green when you’re logged in!

Comment

Aha! I'm always here my friend, never a dull day even though it's winter. I shall be looking forward to new years eve in front of my PC again, if I remember correctly last new years eve I ended up rather drunk in charge of my PC on CV! lol
                    If this new years eve is as much fun as the last one, it could be quite a hoot. Why is it we dig out our most embarrassing photos when we've had a few beers! lol
                    Hahahahahaha....., last years new years eve is remembered with happyness. It was a pleasure spending time with you....

(I feel the need though, to remind you all that I didn't start this thread because I'm lonely..., far from it).

Don't know where I'll be on the coming new years eve, Paul..., only time will know (or was it show? )

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      We have that!!!!!!!!!!!!! – see the little circle next to your name? – it turns green when you’re logged in!
                      Ooops! Yes, now I see it. I never noticed that before. Aww! Don't I feel stupid! lol

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Hahahahahaha....., last years new years eve is remembered with happyness. It was a pleasure spending time with you....

(I feel the need though, to remind you all that I didn't start this thread because I'm lonely..., far from it).

Don't know where I'll be on the coming new years eve, Paul..., only time will know (or was it show? )
                      IHaHa! Right on there Sterkoder, that was some new years eve PC party! Unfortunately I began to see double after a while. I haven't laughed so much for a long time as that night, brilliant fun!!
                      I know what you mean though Sterkoder, it's kinda like wanting to know that were all still here. I find it's one of those strange kind of "is there anyone out there" type of things! And then all of a sudden.... everyone's there. A bit like life itself, one minute you don't see anyone for weeks.... and then everyone turns up!

This new years eve I will be doing the same as last year, probably in a worse hangover as well. lol
                      Bring it on.. party on dude!!

Comment

This new years eve I will be doing the same as last year, probably in a worse hangover as well.
                        Hahahaha......, yeah, right...., who am I fooling? "Don't know where I'll be...." (Hahahahahaha)

I'm 47, got a family, eating a great new years eve dinner and watch our Kings speach on tv....., yepp, I'll be here

Comment

I shall be looking forward to new years eve in front of my PC again, if I remember correctly last new years eve I ended up rather drunk in charge of my PC on CV! lol
                          hehehe, drinking and computers with an active internet connection is always going to produce some, lets say, unexpected results! lol, i know exactly what you mean there Paul. So many times i have logged back on the next day dreading to think what i might find i had posted the night before! I think i may be responsible for a couple of really dodgy threads because of such behaviour! Any many times i have sat down and typed out a very long winded reply to someone's post - most of it making no sense, thankfully i normally realise that i have lost the plot totally and do the wise thing and delete it, but i know a couple have slipped through the net before now! I did read in the news the other day that someone as invented an add on for social networking sites that prevents you logging on when you are too drunk. Not sure how that works, but i can see it could save some people from some embarrassing situations.

Ah, and Mr S, i have also noticed that things have been rather quiet lately, i am hoping it will pick up again now that winter is setting in. I for one will put my hand up and admit to not posting as much as i used to, but it's certainly not because i am bored with CV, far from it! Just got lot's going on in my head at the moment. But i am still sticking my head around the door most days, just to see what your all up to!
                          Last edited by Steve.B; November 17th, 2010, 05:01. Reason: typo (No, i was not drunk ;-D
                          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Interesting question and discussion! Thank you Sterkoder for mentioning your sentiments. In my opinion what is mostly missed while J-O is not active at the forum is the fact that he is commenting nearly each post of other members. This is often the beginning of a little discussion, there is communication and "Life" in here. We should learn and do it more by ourselves. I think we others post to less comments to new inputs... could that be a possible explanation???
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Maybe what we need is some kind of an icon that lights up letting you know who's live online
                              Steve, go to the main Forum Index page, scroll down to the bottom and it shows you exactly who's online.
                              I'm on every day and often several times a day. When I come to the laptop to deal with mail or work on something I can never resist going in to CV as well and usually end up spending far more time on the computer than I originally intended, to the detriment of other things!
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                              X