Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost 30.000 posts on the new forum and soon to come, my 30.000 on the new and old forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost 30.000 posts on the new forum and soon to come, my 30.000 on the new and old forum

Soon, our new forum platform, this board, will pass it's 30.000th post!

Additionally, I will also very soon reach my 30.000th post (both on the new and old platform)....

What will our celebration be like?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

This evening I made my 30.000th post on CVF old and current board!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yesterday evening, after a busy day meeting a visitor to Leith (and a ship visit!), I was only going to just check a couple of things on the computer before retiring for an early night for a change. That was when I read pakarangs post #1 in a thread about 30000 posts! And he was VERY close to getting there! I hung around, not wanting to miss the moment. But a while passed with no pakarang on the bottom left of the index page. Eventually I reluctantly called it a night – well it is still a ferry work-week isn’t it?

Big mistake! I didn’t expect that I would get up this morning for a helicopter ride above Saint Lucia! Cool virtual celebration of the 30000th Captain! Thank you for the brilliant trip!

30000! It’s no use saying it’s just a number, or that quantity of posts isn’t important (even if I do sometimes have to be a tiny bit stern and say just that when replies are few on the more esoteric subject threads – though always more than compensated for by the appreciation of those few ).

30000 – that's 30000 little bits of encouragement, support, affection, smiles, shared sadness, laughter, curiosity, enthusiasm . . . and all those incredible images.

A very BIG thank you to our caring Captain.
      Last edited by Seagull; April 10th, 2010, 09:26. Reason: me! spelling mistakes! ...and on such an important post too

Comment

Dearest Seagull....

Thank you so very much for expressing your gratitude... I might be going out on a limb here, but I think a total of 30.000 posts is a major undertaking, and I'm so thrilled to hear your appreciative comment.

When CV was born, I had no idea I would generate those kinds of numbers - ever.

Think about it... thirtythousandposts.... that is a ALOT!

Comment

Working...
        X