Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CaptainsVoyage Official Photographers

A new member group has today been created: a group which will give some special members additional advantages and privileges which normal membership does not allow.

To become an eligible member of this special elite group, the member must first take note of, and fullfill certain conditions:

1/ All images uploaded must be no less than 900 pixels wide and be of clear and good quality.

2/ All images posted on the forum must contain the CaptainsVoyage ship logo.

3/ The member must be a frequent poster of her or his own photographic work.

We would like to make sure that this is not intended to as to create a gap between users and elite users, but to stimulate and award those members which adds a well meant special touch to the forum and those that puts a lot of work into the quality of their posts.

The exact advantages of this special title, will be ironed out and laid down based on wishes and demands of those that are eligible.
    With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
    Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

hmmmmm......this sounds interesting.........'official" and all.... clever idea, Captain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post

A new member group has today been created: a group which will give some special members additional advantages and privileges which normal membership does not allow.

The exact advantages of this special title, will be ironed out and laid down based on wishes and demands of those that are eligible.
      Ummm, interesting idea, but i am not 100% sure i agree with the idea. The idea in my eye's would be creating a sort of two tier environment - those at the top, and those who are not. For me that seems to go against everything i like about CV - one big happy family. I do not think i like the idea that one member might not have the same privileges as another member, simply because he/she does not post so many photos as another member does. To me that seems like gentle pressure being applied.

Like everyone else i greatly appreciate all of the members that regularly post fantastic photos, but i also equally appreciate all of the members that add to the various discussions in the forum. Without these two key ingredients, this forum would not be the wonderful place that it is.
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Steve, i am at your side.
        I think i know, what our Captain intends with this idea, but he anyway also should go out and meet some good photographers in the real world. If they become members of this forum.... wonderful.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

My intention is not to make any difference at all.

At the moment, official photographers only get an additional title to their user name so as to indicate that they are "special" supporters.

The privileges remains the same between members and official photographers. It might as well remain like that for all future also. I think that is the fair way of doing it, similarly to how Steve describes it.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            Steve, i am at your side.
            I think i know, what our Captain intends with this idea, but he anyway also should go out and meet some good photographers in the real world. If they become members of this forum.... wonderful.
            My thoughts...

Any photographs I have shared on CV are max. of 600 pixels wide or high because this is an average size to fit all the media I participate in, including my own website.

Making different sized photographs for the different media would be very time consuming and would also increase my storage requirements significantly. In addition, placing a CV ship logo on the images would not be appropriate because they are not being used exclusively on CV.

Then again; I take photographs for fun and would never consider myself a professional photographer

Comment

Think I understand what our Captain means, but don't quite see the purpose except attracting other types than us:
              I know already from aviation photo sites that to some photographers, size/quality and credits are very important.

Hopefully the new idea means that there will still be room in here for small sized and lesser quality photos...

Well, if it will yield any positive result whatsoever, by all means implement it.

Comment

Originally posted by HARALD JARL View Post
                Hopefully the new idea means that there will still be room in here for small sized and lesser quality photos...
                By all means... all photographs are welcome. I also have a whole stack of 'smaller sized lesser quality' images from the late 80's and early 90's to show, so there will be much more of those also in the future...

The biggest problem for me is to find time to do all that I want to do... I guess that is quite common problem to all of us, am I right?

I once upon a time start with a very simple and small camera with what I would call a very low quality lens.. but though those older images that I have lack in quality, they regain it's importance in history.

Images of cruise ships long gone, images of coastal steamers no longer existing and from buildings now leveled with the ground. Surely, there will be some that might enjoy them..

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

When our Captain posted that “favourite hurtigrute” topic and poll a few days ago, I rose to the bait immediately! Well of course I would – no surprise there! But in contrast, there hasn’t been a single squawk from the seagull about the Official Photographers announcement.

I simply passed it by as not relevant to me.

And yet . . . in my typical opposite extremes way (this is the Nordstjernen AND Trollfjord seagull remember!), I have a confession to make . . .
                  All week I’ve been logging on to my e-mail hoping for a message with a very special attachment – the CV ship logo, ready to add to my photos.

I don’t aspire to more than that – none of this official status or additional title stuff – but I would feel both special and privileged to express my total commitment to CaptainsVoyage in this way.

Comment

On the way to you now!

- And thanks for your full commitment!

Comment

PNG file:

GIF file:

Comment

Working...
                      X