Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    I don't have Seagulls schedule in my head, but she was in Flåm Monday, and then it should be Olden Tuesday. This incident happened Wednesday. So let's hope she is safe and well.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Bit more on BT. http://www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/Livl...e-3403740.html
    If I'm reading that right, then it was Britannia's passengers, and that it's the Norwegian RIB driver that's been taken to hospital.

• ombugge
    replied
    Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    I had a rather complicated week after getting back from the weather satellite meetings in Germany. Anyway, I am now aboard AZORES but not much internet access. Tomorrow I'll be in Flåm where we are tendering, so I'll probably have to wait to let those going on the train excursion to get ashore first. The following day will be Olden, and the one after that Bergen. Got to return to the ship now .. Cheers everyone!
    I don't say this has anything to do with our Seagull but hope she is OK:
    http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article11342334.ece

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Dear Galaxy,
    It will feel special to be returning to Olden ...I really feel I belong after celebrating 17 May with your community on my Fram trip earlier this year (Yes there will be photos of that in due course ...promise!)
    I expect You will be at work tomorrow, but if you happen to see someone from the Azores walking around in a Fram blue jacket, and of course taking photos, do say hello 'cos it will be me!

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Dear Sigve, totally understand...it is SUMMER after all! There is sure to be a chance to meet up some other occasion ...as you know I can't keep away from your wonderful country Have a lovely time with your guests.
    I've just taken a photo of Costa Romantica ...that ship is the reason we on Azores are tendering
    here today!

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    Dear Seagull: I had hoped to meeet you in Flåm tomorrow.. But yesterday my house was filled up with summer guests. So I can't leave them. Not even for you. So this is really bad luck. Hope to meet You sometime in the future!

• Galaxy
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to Olden,Seagull. Hope the weather will be good so u get a nice day here

• Seagull
    replied
    I had a rather complicated week after getting back from the weather satellite meetings in Germany. Anyway, I am now aboard AZORES but not much internet access. Tomorrow I'll be in Flåm where we are tendering, so I'll probably have to wait to let those going on the train excursion to get ashore first. The following day will be Olden, and the one after that Bergen. Got to return to the ship now .. Cheers everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I'm heading to Darmstadt for a meeting at EUMETSAT (European weather satellite HQ) and ESA. Hope to resume the posts in the FRAM thread when I return after the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Eventually! ...the trip report An Explorer Cruise aboard Fram 12 - 23 May 2015, “Fjord Highlights and the Viking Trail”, starts here in Fram's thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome home, Cecilia. Am looking forward to what happens after your lawnmoving.....

• Seagull
    replied
    Well, to borrow Our Captain's words, "In order to re-appear sometime else, you will first need to disappear". So I did and now I’m back! Flew to Edinburgh after some days in Iceland after the Fram voyage.

Not that I had entirely disappeared, at least to those of you who are also on FB. It's just that I can't face up to coping with Photobucket to get on-the-go piccies onto CVF while on the move with just an iPad, plus the tendency of my CVF browsing to gobble up available data allowances. And on this trip, even more than most, the places when I did have adequate internet access were those when I was far too busy seeing and doing things!

This was despite this trip having an actual lap top with me ...us ...but Cabin Mate was intent on using it to get a very exact and complete GPS track of the voyage, and such things as monitoring his computers back home (I even caught him doing Windows updates remotely for one of those!).

I'll now need a day or so's grace to complete two lots of unpacking, laundry, food shopping plus essential tasks, and am just trying to work up some enthusiasm for mowing Cabin Mate's garden lawn ...errr jungle ...while the weather is fine.

Yes, I can see it might be better to stop apologising and adopt pakarang and Yves holiday philosophy, but on the other hand Ralf's On Tour minute-by-minute does look very exciting...
    ...but no, the grass awaits!!!!! See you all later!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    ummm... should we believe him....

• Sigve
    replied
    My God, how our gallant lady C moves around. And then that same old boat, all the time. Do we envy her? (Not me! No!)
    Last edited by Sigve; May 6th, 2015, 07:46.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Madrid, Milano, somewhere in Italy however...
Working...
X