Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    Thanks everybody...and Hercule Polo was doing brilliantly but perhaps didn’t quite appreciate that the various forms of transport in the order mentioned constitute the complete round trip back to Edinburgh. So with ship only mentioned once, he seems to have stranded me in the Isle of Wight!

Anyway, tomorrow is a relaxing day before the ship story starts on Friday

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    Nah - plane from Edinburgh to London. Train to Portsmouth Harbour or Southampton Central. Ship to Fishbourne or Cowes, bus to Ventnor. Simples.
    OMG.... that sounded so simple! Are you sure you are not in any way related to Hercule Poirot?

Lady C: take care on your travels and stay safe always, enjoy the little things as much as the big things and don't forget to take time to sit down, observe and breathe. Happy travels!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Oh, orl roite
    Now solve my puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Nah - plane from Edinburgh to London. Train to Portsmouth Harbour or Southampton Central. Ship to Fishbourne or Cowes, bus to Ventnor. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Yes, but why would Cecilia fly to a railway station? There must be a station in Edinburgh somewhere, if she looks hard enough and it will probably have trains to whichever port she needs!

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Isle of Wight by the sound of it.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Enjoy all four travel methods, Cecilia, wherever they lead..

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I'm going away for a couple of weeks! Maybe I should keep you guessing a bit pakarang-style (though I think I mentioned it somewhere a while back).
    Anyway, It only involves one flight ...and, sorry Captain SAS Traveller, it's not SAS or even a Star Alliance airline!
    Then I shall be travelling by train, ship and finally bus. Bye for now!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Welcome home and welcome back, Lady C. All in due time whenever you are ready!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    After what has been an exceptional and absolutely wonderful trip, the Seagull has landed ...actually that was Thursday afternoon - a smooth landing despite very high winds, along with dismal cloud and rain. It is surely taking me time to re-acclimatise to the Scottish winter!
    According to my famous "Seagull's 3rd Law of Travel" it will still be a week before I get back to 'normal', and after this trip in particular it's only fair that I devote extra time for D to enjoy a destination his health doesn’t currently allow him to. Absolutely everything on TV has been recorded, and a Virtual Race Weekend is underway ...already taking rather longer than in real time! . Hospitality and catering doesn’t quite match the real thing!

Very special thanks to Captain for his good wishes (and for keeping in touch elsewhere while I was away).
    Loved your cheeky amusing comments Ralf and Clipper - yep I had taken along appropriate 'deck plans' illustrating such essential info as the numbering of the bends on the track (as used by commentators), and how to get around (the official pictorial plan isn't too clear on pedestrian tunnels!).

I won't attempt to catch up with comments on CVF, other than having 'bookmarked' Ralf's continuing Nordkapp trip report and Sterkoder's 'seagull wings' for further attention, and of course noting the relocated Captain's bLOG.
    Last edited by Seagull; December 2nd, 2018, 18:03.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    OK Cecilia, but ...
    1. Will there be any overtaking?
    2. Have you got a deck plan of the circuit?

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahaha, you know, that i knew most of that before!! Just kidding. Have at least as much fun as you expect and have a safe journey.

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you pakarang - Flying EDI - DXB. New service for Edinburgh as Emirates took over Qatar Airways slot!

And don't miss the Thai reference in my reply comment to Ralf above!

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Both drivers’ and constructors' F1 championships are decided, BUT…

It's Kimi's last race for Ferrari ...and realistically his last opportunity for another podium before he goes to Sauber. No longer team orders for Ferrari and Mercedes! - an exciting prospect indeed as Seb will be wanting to end the season somewhat better than he has been doing and Valtteri Bottas wants that elusive first win. Add the Red Bulls and anything could happen ...especially with Max at the moment!

The F2 championship isn't quite secured, and George Russell will want to add that to his trophy cabinet before he joins Williams in F1 next year. The Thai/Beitish driver Alex Albon, currently 2nd in the F2 championship, had signed to drive in Formula E next year, but has also been linked to the remaining vacant seat in F1 with Toro Rosso.

And there's GP3 in Abu Dhabi too, and I always cheer for Tatiana Calderon who has just become test driver for the Sauber F1 team!
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...asier-than-gp3

Ummm and I haven't even mentioned the great venue, facilities, and top-notch hospitality at the Yas Marina.Circuit.
    Or that I've plans for a couple of days in Dubai afterwards...

• pakarang
    replied
    Have a wonderful and safe journey!....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X