Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    Hi Ralf! ...so the stalking is a bit challenging! ...ok, it is meant to be, kind of like a competition! ..but surely YOU are way ahead in at least identifying the country I'm travelling to (since I see you were lurking in the thread in which that dear "someone" mentioned I might already be away!)

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Have fun and we look forward to a great report. Unfortunately we have little information to stalk you...

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much. Good so far having avoided queues and crowds that can happen at EDI at this time of year due to rugby internationals!!! Flight to LHR now boarding.

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Takk, Sigve!
    Tommi, that's "voyage" in inverted commas ....no ship involved!

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Have a great voyage!

• Administrator
    replied
    Safe travels - ALWAYS!

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    In Norway we say: God tur!

• Seagull
    replied

Do I look like I need a Holiday?

Run out of time
    tonight and I have an early start to the airport tomorrow - Hope to keep somewhat in touch on the go so watch this space!
    PS Oh you don't realise where I'm going? Well it DID get a mention in someone's post recently!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Well no, I'm not actually away anywhere! But, all rather unplanned and last-minute, I'm involved in a European Space Agency conference - "Living Planet Symposium" - which is happening right here in Edinburgh all this week. I'll try to pop into CVF between sessions, but won't be posting photo stuff, and won't be able to further explore and experiment with the new board ...except to see how it behaves on an iPad!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    replied
    Re: Seagull away a while . . .

Sorry Cecilia, I posted rubbish earlier today at #348. I've got a head cold and my brain really isn't working properly.

Just added a paragraph above to say what I should have said earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

On the evening of Tuesday 25th June, Serenissima departed Tromsø shortly after 22:00 and I waved her off on her new cruise southbound with a new group of guests. I’d earlier seen them out on deck having a safely drill and being issued with life jackets. Two people started waving in my direction, Oh they really are waving at ME… and then I recognised them from the very last voyage of Nordstjernen back from Svalbard! After the drill they came ashore to say hello.

And so as their journey started, mine came to an end. Yesterday was what you might call an airport day, and I arrived back in Edinburgh on the BMI Regional flight from Copenhagen late last night.

It has been an absolutely marvellous week for me. I’m not going to call it a “trip” as such …you are already in suspended animation on a trip aboard Fram remember, when I left you outside Winchester cathedral!!!!! But I will as soon as possible prepare all my photos of Serenissima and post them in her thread. (ok, maybe not THAT soon …there’s the British F1 at Silverstone to immediately distract me …but at least I’m not so addicted to tennis, despite the local hero!)

(PS Clipper - I haven’t been to Å either ….yet!)

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    replied

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    I'm now in Tromsø! Wonderful to see Serenissima and Lofoten together. Tomorrow I'll see Serenissima depart with a new group of guests.
    It appears she sailed today (Thursday 27 June) at 10:10, according to the Recent Port Calls on MarineTraffic.

She is currently somewhere off the Lofoten Islands near Å. I would so like to go to Å.

EDIT: I should have said that it appears she got away from Tromsø and spent the night of the 25th/26th at sea(?) then the night of the 26th/27th in Svolvaer (tied up at a non-Hurtigruten quay this time), departing at 2013-06-27 10:10, according to the Recent Port Calls on MarineTraffic.
    Last edited by Clipper; June 27th, 2013, 21:15. Reason: Earlier stupidity!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

With the weather today varying between blue sky and warm sunshine and cloud with rain showers, I've had an absolutely wonderful time scampering around taking views of Serenissima in all sorts of light and from different spotter places, some where I hadn't been before! I even found a "pakarang view" place

Now I'm visiting northbound hurtigrute Midnatsol and took a view of Serenissima from there too.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I'm now in Tromsø! Wonderful to see Serenissima and Lofoten together. Tomorrow I'll see Serenissima depart with a new group of guests.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

....meant to say that those celebrations I referred to were for St. Hans Eve, and so of course the traditional rømmegrøt was served.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X