No announcement yet.

Ralf__ is on tour...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nearly a ferry generation" was exactly what I was thinking too!

Since I started working on the ferries, I measure time in periods of two and three weeks, and years as in ferry-generation.

You should be in Bergen now I guess, because Finnmarken was back in town today without you two on board.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      We had a nice stay in Bergen and on Ulriken and a good trip back with Fjordline and home. Now i have to catch up my office business and will start soon with the pictured trip report. It was a great trip and thank you all for participating!

Back after two weeks of summer camp "Waldheim" together with a great team! Here are some impressions:

20190806-11_FWH (57-1) by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Our team:
    The managerin (kneeling in the front, red trousers), two cooks (the small lady in the black shirt and me) and eight assistants, who do all the preparation work like cutting and also the dish washing.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Preparation of our small dinner. We have 20 groups of 15 kids each and two or three youth leaders, three managers and the responsible supervisor (plus our 11 person kitchen team), add some guests and you get around 400 people, which get breakfast, lunch (hot meal), a snack and a small dinner each day. So we would also be able to run the kitchen of a small cruise ship.

cc7cb28b-7545-4f92-8e4c-99bd83ccca4e by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Heart of the kitchen is our big cantine topple pan (size 120cm x 80cm, height about 25cm) here filled with our asian pan, served with rice.

d1149f53-3fcc-4a0a-bc27-b9a329c9a6ae by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

6f72b953-422e-4367-aaba-9cda8135c448 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Frozen mixed berries as base for a dessert (red berry pudding or as we say "Rote Grütze").

280331bc-2a3d-439a-ab8b-1567da6955ea by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Sauce Bolognese served of course with spaghetti.

9952b79d-fd31-4411-964d-b5fb0ffaaf99 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Chilli con Carne.

4c97a1b8-a2f7-4fcb-a218-3edccfdc345a by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Tommi
        Tommi commented
        Editing a comment
        Impressive!
        I know, I have been a part of many smaller organisations doing something similar - and this is really a lot of (fun?) work!

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        oof, hard to choose what to start with, looks very delicious

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks delicious, and even though I'm one of the few in this world who love pickles, I have never seen so many on a table at one time :-) Bon Appétit!

How wonderful... and that Asian dish looks delicious! I would love to try at least a couple of those, and I'm sure they would be tasty too.

Suddenly, I got hungry again!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Ralf__
        Ralf__ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for the comments!
    Working...
    X