FAMILY MEETINGS and photos from the FAMILY ALBUM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FAMILY MEETINGS and photos from the FAMILY ALBUM

Something is wriggling around at the back of my mind about Hampshire people, but I cannot catch it. However, as far as Suffolk is concerned it is often called Silly Suffolk. The old (Anglo-Saxon?) name was Saelig Suffolk, Saelig meaning blessed, but over the centuries the word has become corrupted.
    I'm neutral in this, as I'm a Londoner by birth. Though I'm not quite sure what I can be called because of that, Yves! There will be something, I'm quite sure.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      I hope that Thijs will let me be the one to post the first pic. Please Thijs?
      be my guest.

btw in the morning of the QM2 (5.ooam,7.00am moored) wesley and i went with willem,also a truckmodelbuilder and a professional photographer.

but sold his store and equipment,but is now thinking to buy a camera again.

in the evening was Henny with us.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        Something is wriggling around at the back of my mind about Hampshire people, but I cannot catch it.
        I think the phrase you might be looking for is "Hampshire born and Hampshire bred, strong in the arm and thick in the head", but I was born in London and brought up in Middle***, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire so I'm immune from that - well mostly.

PS: That's "Middle.s.e.x" bit the Captain's rude word filter is very sensitive.
        Last edited by Clipper; June 22nd, 2012, 00:28.
        ---------------------------
        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
        Deck plan geek.
        The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Thanks, Thijs.

And Clipper, yes, that's the one (about Hants. folk).
          Yes, the censor can be a bit of a nuisance, especially when I want to mention my town - Bunga.y!
          Ivy

Comment

Taken at Zaanse Schans, the first of our visits during my holiday in The Netherlands.

Photographers All

Thijs, and, further down, Wesley and Cornel in consultation
            Ivy

Comment

At Zaanse Schans:

Deep concentration by Wesley while Cornel takes a swig (of what???)
              Ivy

Comment

Still at Zaanse Schans, Cornel getting down to it:

Ivy

Comment

And, the Dreamer.

Ivy

Comment

just can make a name for it
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

I promised Thijs I'd post this. I didn't even notice a shot was being taken, and when he reached up to the rack holding the ticket I had no idea what it was about. Then he presented me with this lovely 2013 calendar:

Ivy

Comment

Hello there Miss Clumpy-clogs!!!!!! Love the footwear…love the calendar!!!!!
                        I’ve been several times about to enthuse about your Dutch adventures…and each time extra photos started appearing! so I thought I’d better save it for a special treat-time when I can give it my total attention….but right now I’d better go out shopping before it rains again

Comment

A couple of photos for the Family Album taken during the last cruise of MS Nordstjernen from Svalbard to Bergen, August 2011.

Meeting with Sea-Troll (in the Trollfjord naturally!) is “Linray”, together with “sunken wreck” (have I got that right? – I couldn’t find you in the member list but that could be because you haven’t started posting yet!)

Earlier in Tromsø, “arcticGateway” photographed the ship arriving, and after a great but increasingly rainy photo walk, we dried out and lunched in Egon’s (always a good bet for open all day Sunday!).

(Photo taken by D. Taylor)

I should add that there were some near misses in meeting up. I had not heard back from “Asimut”, and see he hasn’t been around on the forum for some weeks. Hope all is well, Bengt – you were thought about and missed.

“Fjordtroll” actually considered coming from Oslo to Bergen to meet up, and I was sorry to have to explain that I wouldn’t be staying. Indeed, no sooner had we disembarked and collected our luggage than the Hurtigruten-arranged transport had arrived to whisk us off to the airport.

I now also realise that I missed “Captain RJ” who was onboard Discovery which Nordstjernen followed into Bergen!

Comment

So lovely to see yet more CVF members enjoying meet-ups. Long may it continue.
                            Ivy

Comment

Brilliant photos in this thread, Cecilia, i had a giggle when i read the "Miss Clumpy-clogs" comment, i would say that Ivy was getting a little big for her boots, but i think it's the other way around!

And i have to say that Egon's looks like a lovely place to stop for a bite to eat, love the rough cut wood, makes the place look very warm and inviting.

And Ivy, what a fantastic calender, i bet that is one calender you will be keeping once 2013 is over with. What a nice idea of Thijs's. (So nice i feel you have to forgive him for having us running around South Africa on a wild boat chase!).
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                                ....makes the place look very warm and inviting....
                                Egon’s is a popular chain of restaurants all over Norway, Steve, and actually they create this cosy wood décor in all of them –even to some extent the revolving one located at the top of the Tyholt tower in Trondheim!!!!!

Convenient Sunday opening as I mentioned, and a popular place for families and children’s birthday parties

Comment

Working...
                                X