No announcement yet.

Seasons Greetings 2014 / 15!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY CVF FRIENDS.

Comment

• Tommi
      Tommi commented
      Editing a comment
      Local transportation is always the best choice! :-)

• kiki42
      kiki42 commented
      Editing a comment
      wintery scenes just makes it more like Christmas ...... The Best to you for 2015

A very special Christmas welcome to you Bill. Please enjoy yourself on this friendly and joyful forum!

Comment

God jul og godt nyttår.

Season's greetings from the PoloUK family - thanks for another year of fun and fantastic photography.

(Somewhere behind the message is the family Christmas tree - with an eclectic mix of Norwegian and English traditions!! Norwegian and British flags interfering with Norwegian and English baubles.)

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        OO-oooh! Now that's really very clever.

• kiki42
        kiki42 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes very clever Mark.... i cant compete with that...lol all the Best to you for 2015. x

Wow..., what a great christmas present; a new member!! You are so very welcome Bill, and enjoy the many different and interesting forums and threads in here :-)
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on CVF from Tromsø.

Julenissefar og julenissemor
        by Grindøya, on Flickr

Comment

• kiki42
          kiki42 commented
          Editing a comment
          Best Wishes to you.. for 2015. I loved my visit last year to Tromso,

Merry Christmas to you, Bengt, and one of my favourite Norwegian cities. Keep posting those night pics of Lofoten!

Nari

Comment

Merry X-mas from Penang
          To all CVF Members and those who just peep in from time to time

Comment

• kiki42
            kiki42 commented
            Editing a comment
            quite strange seeing Santas in the warm sunshine . All the Best to you for 2015

Merry christmas to all of you. Again we have eaten too much and are to lazy for (almost) everything...
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• kiki42
            kiki42 commented
            Editing a comment
            i am afraid i did eat too much over Christmas, so I know what I will be saying for my New Year resolution ..lol

And then it is all done and dusted. After weeks of planning and hours of preparing a traditional Norwegian X-mas Dinner in a tropical setting, it is all over in abt. 45 min.

On the "Little" X-mas Eve (23. Dec.) we had "Lutefisk" purchased in Singapore and hand carried to Penang:

On X-mas Eve we had traditional "Pinnekjott" with all the trimmings, incl. Lingon berries:

Hand carried from Norway by two of our sons.

Served on a Wok:

All washed down with Gammal Oppland Aquavit from Norway.

Rounded off with X-mas Pudding soaked in Rum from Nepal:

The Rum was a gift from our God Son in Nepal and hand carried by our oldest son who have been trekking in Nepal this last month.

1st day we had locally bought Pork roast:

For those who are new to Norwegian traditional cuisine you may need to Google Lutefisk and Pinnekjott to get an idea of what is involved here.

Next X-mas is only 363 days away. You can never be too early to prepare.

Comment

• kiki42
            kiki42 commented
            Editing a comment
            this is making me hungry, all looks lovely. all the Best for 2015

So impressive Ombugge! Norway around the world!
          Meanwhile I have just enough turkey left from Christmas Day lunch to incorporate into a tropical Thai-style curry today! Note the "-style" cop-out clause. Pakarang might read this and I don't think he would be over-impressed by the meal's authenticity!

Comment

Stand by for news of the next trekking expeditions by the Ombugge family to bring yet more delicacies to the table for Christmas 2015!
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

We are leaving now to the black forest - we have snow even in Stuttgart, so i will be offline until 2nd of January. A very happy new year to everyone!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

may you have a very nice start of 2015.
                and watch out with fire crackers
                best regards Thijs

Comment

And happy New Year wishes to you all from me, too, Ralf. Blow a kiss to the trees for me when you get there.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL CV FORUM MEMBERS

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

• wherrygirl
                      wherrygirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Open till 3.30! Aren't you going to have fun Kiki !!!

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is Kiki the one in red on the left hand photo on the poster, or the one with the see-through thingy-thingy and feathers in the middle picture?

• kiki42
                      kiki42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      well folks, sorry to have to say my sister was ill when she arrived from Scotland, we got all dressed up but she said she wasn't well enough to go,,, so we stayed in and watched London fireworks on TV instead..... She was ill most of the week she was here and I picked up what she had and was also ill for a few days . maybe next year lol the plus side is the owner knows Henry Cavill ( superman star ) and his family so I have given him the photograph i have with Russell Crowe and Amy Adams autograph but missing Henry's as i just missed getting his. So fingers crossed good comes out of bad.. x
                  Working...
                  X