Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members not seen for a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=15359

    Merry X-mas

    Comment


      #17
      Hello there!!
      You're also a member not seen in here for long, so a warm welcome back, 'tomveb'

      There are quite a few we (I) miss actually, and one of them being 'TAalesund' and of course 'RVL Sea Crew'...

      Right now 'Pakarang' himself is missed, but we all know what he's up to
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

      Comment


        #18
        And the Cobbs, Paul and Barry, have not been around for a long time. Paul did have to use the local library computer, I gather from one of his posts. Shame.
        Ivy

        "To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          And the Cobbs, Paul and Barry, have not been around for a long time. Paul did have to use the local library computer, I gather from one of his posts. Shame.
          And Orionboy in the same thread. Can anybody convinced all of them back here???

          Comment


            #20
            I've sent Paul a PM for himself and Barry. I get email notification of my PM's, so if he has his profile set to do the same maybe we'll hear from him. Hope so.
            Ivy

            "To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

            Comment


              #21
              i don't know what he was up to, dare i ask !!!!!!

              past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                I've sent Paul a PM for himself and Barry. I get email notification of my PM's, so if he has his profile set to do the same maybe we'll hear from him. Hope so.
                I had a message from Paul (Cobb) last night, he says that since the CVF website was updated he's been unable to get it on his computer and has to rely on the public one at the library. That is limited in time, of course. He sends greetings to everyone and misses knowing what everyone is up to. He was seeing Barry last night and will pass on my greetings.
                Ivy

                "To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                  I had a message from Paul (Cobb) last night, he says that since the CVF website was updated he's been unable to get it on his computer and has to rely on the public one at the library. That is limited in time, of course. He sends greetings to everyone and misses knowing what everyone is up to. He was seeing Barry last night and will pass on my greetings.
                  Hi all! Am here in person this time! Called into local library. Miss you all and all the delightful photos etc. Best wishes to all. PC

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    I had a message from Paul (Cobb) last night, he says that since the CVF website was updated he's been unable to get it on his computer and has to rely on the public one at the library. That is limited in time, of course. He sends greetings to everyone and misses knowing what everyone is up to. He was seeing Barry last night and will pass on my greetings.
                    I do not understand why this is the case. I have asked a couple of bright heads, with more knowledge than me, and they do not understand why you can't log in at home either.

                    Leads me to ask, what operating system are you using at home?
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Adding to Jan-Olav's message above, I remember you saying something a while ago that you were now "out of the loop" and would have to rely on the library machine. i wondered then what you meant. Has it to do with your failure to be able to get CVF? Like J-O, I'm mystified.
                      Ivy

                      "To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                        I do not understand why this is the case. I have asked a couple of bright heads, with more knowledge than me, and they do not understand why you can't log in at home either.

                        Leads me to ask, what operating system are you using at home?
                        Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        Adding to Jan-Olav's message above, I remember you saying something a while ago that you were now "out of the loop" and would have to rely on the library machine. i wondered then what you meant. Has it to do with your failure to be able to get CVF? Like J-O, I'm mystified.

                        Hi, all. Posted the following on the HMS Kilham thread:

                        "The lack of access to the site is a compatibility issue with my old Mac and the platform I use on it. I can get TO the Captain's Voyage site, but if I then try to click on ANY thread/topic/log in, the internet locks on me and I have to reboot - and the same continues to happen. This only happened after the upgrade. The same also happened with a football forum I was/am a member of. At the same time our PC also packed up working. Am currently out of work so computer replacement isn't an option. Hence my visits to local libraries - but one can never tell if there is a 'puter free or if there will be a queue - and there is regularly somebody looking over your shoulder to see why you are on a site OTHER than Facebook!!! "

                        Pakarang, I am using a Mac G4 dual boot, but because all my software is old (Quark, Freehand, Photoshop etc) and I was advised that there were performance issues with using it on System 10, I continued to use System 9.blibble (not on the Mac at present). Last time I tried to flick between op systems, I had great difficulty in getting back onto the older one where all my customers' work is stored and nearly gave myself a coronary with panic!!! Swore I wouldn't mess about again. NO new hardware or software is now compatible with system 9 and every interweb site I used becomes incompatible when they upgrade - including even the BBC. I badly need to upgrade the WHOLE of my working system and also the home pc, but am just not in a position to do so, hence my library visits.

                        At least you don't threaten to throw members OFF your site for lack of posting, unlike my football site which is oversubscribed and during the transfer windows they cull to ensure the smooth running of the server!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Regards to all anyway! Barry sends his regards. Currently our father, 'Smokey stover' (see the HMS Kilham topic) has poor health and we are involved in hospital and clinic appointments - but he soldiers on anyway.
                          Last edited by Paul Cobb; January 17th, 2011, 13:04.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Hello there,

                            And please rest assured that you are always to remain with us for as long as you want. I hope your problems will find a solution some time in the future, in the meanwhile, you will never be forgotten by anyone of us. Please do drop by when you find a moment and chance, we do miss hearing from you.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Will do, Cap'n! Over and out!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Another member who have been absent for a long time is TN Aalesund. Not only does it look like we have lost a very prolific member, but it appears that all his images has also vanished, which is a shame since he posted some very nice ones of Aalesund, and in several other thread.

                                He may not be entirely lost though, his last activity was 10-11-2010. Does anybody know what happen to him and why he has "withdrawn" his pictures?? (If that is what he has done)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X