No announcement yet.

We have lost a dear family member -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Tess, for letting us in on the service! Ment a lot to me.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Just to say that on Thursday I posted a cheque to the funeral directors for the total donations in memory of our Paul, made out to the Trust which Tess requested.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I wanted to share with you all that I have now closed the donations for Paul to Vulcan to the Sky trust and I am so proud to say that we have managed to raise a stunning £600 in total!

THANK YOU ALL for honoring Paul's memory with your donations - he would have been so proud!

I am waiting now to find a day to present the donations to the trust and will get a good look around the hangar at the same time ... I will give XH558 a little pat from Paul....
        Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

That is great news, Tess. You are right, Paul would indeed have been proud. And when you give XH558 that pat, give her another one from all of us. Lets hope she can carry on flying for a long time to come yet.

And don't forget, you must do what Paul would have done on such a visit - make sure you take your camera! Would be lovely to see a picture of the old girl.
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh yes Steve, I sure will give the girl a good pat from all and every one of you as well! And I will do my best to get a photo or two of her at the same time ... and of course share it here. lol - no guarantee of the quality though.

Sometimes before next flying season Paul's name will also be in the bomb door and will stay there forever!

If it had been just a visit I would have been over the moon to get this chance to be so close to her and have a good nosy around... long may she fly ... I will still want to be able go up to Finningley Airport to stand by the fence and see and hear her take of for a long time yet...
            Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

Tess, that is wonderful news. It shows the love and esteem in which our Paul was held not only on CVF but amongst his local friends and family as well.
              As Steve says - don't forget the photos when you go! Paul will be behind you as you press the button.
              Ivy

Comment

Paul's name there! That means so much,Tess.

Comment

Great news and info! Makes me smile to know that Pauls name will be painted on the body (bomb bay door) of good old XH558, which I have followed via FlyPast Magazine ever since she left active duty.
                  Thank you Tess!!! Give the bird a pat from me...
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2013, 22:03.
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

and don't forget to take a image of Paul's name and where it stands on the plane
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Today was the day that I finally got to hand over our donations to the Vulcan to the Sky Trust in person. Thanks to a late donations we managed to reach a stunning £635. I am still stunned by the amount of money that we all managed to collect! Again I have to thank each and everyone of you for honouring Paul's memory with donations!

Thanks to Paul's dear friend Steve that works as spray finisher on this lovely bird, we got an extra special tour. I gave her a few pats from Paul and a few more from the rest of us as promissed!

I did manage to take a few photo's... only second time I'm using Paul's trusted bridge camera, so although not brilliant they do pass. I have not yet re-sized and uploaded them all but I wanted to share this photo of me, Paul's mum Joan and Paul's friend Jay with you all - there will be more to come later:

Tess

Comment

Tess, thank you so much for showing us this photo, it is good to see the three of you, though I'd give anything for it to have been in different circumstances. It is one you will always treasure, I know. I am glad the "handing over" went off well.
                        I think Paul's friend Jay was in one of the photos Paul showed a long time ago, perhaps of the City Hall or maybe the cathedral. As soon as you are ready, you must post your other photos of the day.
                        Ivy

Comment

Thank you very much Tess for sharing this with us.

Comment

Thanks so much for letting us know about it all, Tess. And really nice to see this first photo. Whenever i see XH558 in the future, i know who i will be thinking of.
                            Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Thanks indeed Tess. We really appreciate you sharing this special visit with us.
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Ivy - You are right, under any other circumstance I would have been thrilled to bits. I just could not stop thinking though that the one that would have been the most excited would have been Paul and I think that Spam (Steve is his real name and not just our tour guide, but is also one of Paul's oldest friends) saw that in my face, because he tapped me on my shoulder and said "he is just there right beside you" and in a strange way it felt so much better.

And yes - you might have seen Jay before. Paul and Jay met at the bank of their beloved Trent river, were both of them were clicking away. For 18 months they then spent a lot of time going out on photo excursions together and became best of friends, so he most probably has featured in a photo or two.

Steve you are not the only one that will think of Paul whenever they see the XH558 - in fact every time I see that or the Red Arrows or for that matter hear a propeller plane I think of him. The other week on a beautifully sunny day I heard a propeller plane while in the house and ran out in the garden just to look. Paul would have grabbed his camera, cursing on the way as he thought he would miss it and run out in the garden to click away!

Anyway, I have managed to re-size and upload a few more photos so time to share them. I have done very little post processing of the photos as - so they are as they came from the camera:

Paul's photo was placed in the ****pit for a photo opportunity. This photo is going to go with them at the spring run after the ongoing winter maintenance is done.

Spam pointed out to us where he was going to place Paul's name and it is going to be there before next display season and is going to be as big as the one just to the left of it ... but we have to wait for a photo of the actual name being there.

Inside the bomb door.
                                Tess

Comment

Working...
                                X