Inkscape Open Source Drawing Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkscape Open Source Drawing Software

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this free open source drawing software. It comes in a few operating system flavours. My eyes lit up at the word FREE!

Mac OS X
    OS X 10.5, Leopard — Universal .dmg (Please first upgrade X11.app to at least XQuartz v2.1.4.)
    OS X 10.4, Tiger — Universal .dmg
    OS X 10.3, Panther — PPC .dmg

And of course the usual suspect also
    Windows — .exe installer, 7zip

I only saw this today, and liked what I have seen so far. I love freeeeee stuff.

Here's the link for all you fine folk.
    Inkscape Link

Oooh ah!! a screenshot too!!

Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

I've installed it and had a play around with some of it's tools. And, I can say it's fairly powerful and very easy to use. I'm still discovering what it has. Overall, I like it.

Comment

Me too tried to download to my MS Vista.
      Everything seemed all right, but I got second thoughts after a numerous warning-flags poped up, stating that it was an unsafe/unknown distributor.

Yes, I know....,these flags pop up many times when we download, and they are just ment as a safety precaution...., but anyway, I decided to wait a while, abort my download and see what kind of experience you guys does

By the way; the screenshot you got there...., is that a car you drew, or is it an example image...?
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ah, nope! It's just a sample image from some website showing what the program looks like.

When I downloaded it I did it through SandBoxie (like an isolation box for anything downloaded). Then I scanned it for viruses, it came through totally clean.
        As I use XP Pro, I can't say too much about Vista and it's practises.

Comment

Ok, thanks!
          Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of something you made yourself...?
          Take your time, get used to it and no rush!
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Looks really cool...maybe I'll download it once I finish learning how to use photoshop AND corel draw!!!

Oh, and I know I owe you an email, Saintsfcfan--I've been swamped and you seem...um.. BUSY, as well!! THANKS-

Comment

Oh Hi Eizabeth. Hey no worries, I'm always busy these days with one thing or another.

Comment

Working...
              X