Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommi
    replied

My friend Peter is filming some of the footage that can be seen in a previous post.

S/S Ejdern is approaching.

This year she just bumped into the quay, instead of crashing as she did in 2013...

Funnel

Small vs big.
    You realize that there ain't too much variation from year to year in this event?

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Here goes the photos from "The day of the steam".

S/S Robert and S/S Ejdern outbound to meet S/S Mariefred.

The locomotive Hamra waiting to proceed to the harbor.

The Virå, you know the locomotive with the Trondheim built boiler that was refurbished in UK is finally operational again. Pretty aye?

Oil is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    A friend of mine made a small movie from the "Day of the Steam" / "Ångans dag" held last Saturday. I have some photos too to edit, but times a bit short for the moment.

If you watch carefully you can actually see me passing by in one of the open wagons.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    I'm pretty sure that they would welcome a signal expert anytime! :-)

• Seagull
    replied
    Lovely to see these out-of-season activities Tommi. Yes, ‘homely’ is the word as Mark says –with that tomato soup can the finishing touch!

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Great photos Tommi. The lighting really adds to the atmosphere - feels almost 'homely' within the workshop.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Previously in this thread we discussed the refurbished boiler to the locomotive "Virå".

We also found a link leading almost to Mark's backyard, since this boiler was refurbished by Colin Hatch Heritage & Steam Engineers in Wiltshire. But actually, there's another CVF connection.

Nice piece of art?

See that metal placard on the top of the boiler?

It says manufactured by "Ørens Mekaniske Verksted" 1939 in Trondhjem!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Tools for all uses.

Locomotives in different stages of repair or restauration.

Please use eye-protection.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Of course, there are more traditional train stuff around the place:

Buckets for all uses.

The green engine.

Mr. Heinz

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    This is how it goes:

And voila:

An oil pad!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Now when winter is getting closer the activities have mostly moved inside.

Now, what on earth does a loom have to do with trains?

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotonen/10597964333/][/url

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    They are happy to have such a wonderful photo reporter, aren't they? This is really great. Wonderful, Tommi. If there will be an anniversary you should make a book together with them. Or a yearly calendar??

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Love your detail shots and some others of your latest additions... OMG, I felt like I was watching an old TV-crime on the TV..... these images are absolutely brilliant in quality !

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Great to be back on the train again
    Specially love #33/2 and the “pakarang view” in #33/4.
    Then there’s the mood and lighting of #36/3, and the nostalgic period feel captured in #37/3 and 4.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Fantastic Tommi. A spectacular collection of images, especially the night-time ones, they're so atmospheric.

Re Hatch Steam Engineers, that's interesting. Colin Hatch set up the business years ago, based on the tradition of steam engineering in Swindon and family connections. Today they're a successful little business doing all sorts of things with Traction Engines and Steam Locos. I believe that this is no mean feat due to the regulations around boiler safety.

There was a recent BBC series presented by the 'Hairy Bikers', Si King and Dave Myers, more famous for cooking (Hairy Bakers) than for industrial heritage, but one of their programmes had a good long segment at Hatch's, really gave a good idea of what they do. I doubt very much that the BBC's iPlayer works from abroad, but I'm sure that it'll be on BBC World before too long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X