Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

and this is what they are all (wel most of them) are waithing for.

more images to the maritime thread.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh $%*&^!!^%*!*, and I thought you were going to show a spoonbill. But it's just another SHIP.

By the by, how do you know he has a tiny .....????
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

the bigger there lens the smaller there ...
        darn you are etill waiting on my texels spoonbill
        best regards Thijs

Comment

I almost expected they were waiting for Disney Fantasy....

But, that is in a different country.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Three months gone and no more ditjes? Not even one little datje? Now you have passed your exam and achieved your certificate you have your Saturdays free-ee-ee. Come on, then.
            Ivy

Comment

i'm not making a lot of images at the moment,to much fun (not) at work.
              so i'm noting into it,just a little reading at forums.
              this week one of the wurst weeks.
              finally home at 9.45pm thursday,friday away and this morning (saterday) home again,with a lot of arguing on the truckcomputer.

besides that for the most images there is a thread,were i can place them.

but okay i place one

i let made this mirror on behalfe of me and my collegues for the comapny i was working for that time.
              he has let build a new building ,that was a office ,a truckwash and storage shed.
              i had seen mirrors of truck fronts so i go with this idea to my collegues,if this was something for surprisegift for our boss.
              the found it okay.
              it was a gift from us for opening of the building,but then he annouced that he would cellebrathing the 50 year jubilee of the company.
              so instead that the mirror was a mercedes actros (the first model,i got the third model)we dicidet to change it and also made a model of the companies first truck,an old army GMC truck.
              so that is what you see 2 truck fronts a GMC with 1948, the start and with original license plate and the actros with 1998.

besides that a clock with the numbers as on the same way they whare on the trucks as company numbers.

further presented by the emplyies at the opening of the building 2may 1998

and 50 years ,plenty in motion.

the mirror became twice as much in prise,but it was a good boss,and avery one payed the extra costs.

unfortanelly the company don't exist anymore,he sold it after bad partnership who try to ruin him and of his ilness.i heard it while i was laying in hospital,but i was already some years gone there,but still.

a long story just to place a ditje and a datje

so here is the ditje

and here i got a datje

btw ,the reason that i go away was i did't like to drive a merc,i hated merc.

so a little od that 12 years later i choose a merc,but that was i couldend get a daf

you see, i may be your favorit enemy,but your wish is my command
              Last edited by janihudi; April 15th, 2012, 13:49. Reason: by mistake i typed a w instad of a c by couldend get a daf
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post

you see, i may be your favorit enemy,but your wish is my command
                And how glad I am that I made that wish, Thijs. You told a wonderful story there - what a kind idea of yours it was to suggest to your colleagues that you all have such a gift made for your ex-boss. So very sad that his business ended that way, I wonder what happened to the mirror??? The photos are superb, he must have been proud to receive it.
                Thanks, dear Thijs.

(I had a feeling things were not good - I noticed that you visited now and again and made just one or two posts so I knew you were OK in yourself. But the hours you are away from home are very bad.)
                Ivy

Comment

the mirror was broken in 2 pieces as i heard,but on a straight clean line,but don't know if it's repaired or damaged placed in his on house,or what so ever.

yes he was proud of the mirror, suchs as we where as emploies who has given it to him.
                  i made in a morning a speech (wel i was more a stand up comidian) for with the gift.
                  i got many complients for the mirror as for the speech,from my collegues aswel,many just payed for it and whait for the result,some of them ask more about it.
                  i opened a bank account for it,so that they can see i wassn't holding money behind,and told them that i would have it always with me ,so if they want be sure they may look at it,that i was not screwing them.

out of the gift, i set up a staff communety, but 2 years later i was away at that moment, i already had booked a day out with a coach/bus to Giethoorn.
                  or as they say it; the venice of the north,but they wanted/insist that i would go with them that day.
                  so it was a nice day out that day with old collegue's.
                  Last edited by janihudi; April 15th, 2012, 16:34. Reason: repaired some spellings
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

What a shame that you decided to leave, they all sound such a good crowd, you had done well there and they obviously appreciated all you had done. Who knows where you would be now if you had not left then? Maybe somewhere better than where you work now, Thijs. Don't think it could be worse, anyway.
                    Ivy

Comment

i don't know Ivy,the transportation sector is very sick at this moment.
                      the company that bought Jac.Kool is not my kind of company anyway,to big to much rules,i hate rules.
                      but i went from there to another company,i hold it 6 months there,and after that i cam to TSI.
                      i have no troubbles with my boss,the boss is good,it's that f...ing a..hole of the planner who try too scrw me so that i will go.
                      the damned thing is that he can do what he want and my boss founds that ok,thats the only thing whats wrong of my boss.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Come and work for Eddie Stobart!
                        Ivy

Comment

nope i don't wanna work in a suit with a necktie
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

What are you on about, man???? They're trucks. I've been watching a good documentary series on TV for several weeks now, very interesting - it takes you on the journeys with various drivers. I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere. See http://www.channel5.com/shows/eddie-...rucks-trailers UK Channel 4 if you are able to see it. They are a real firm, I saw one of their trucks somewhere recently but can't remember where now. They've started air transport, too - wanna fly a plane for a change?
                            Last edited by wherrygirl; April 15th, 2012, 20:03.
                            Ivy

Comment

yes yyes i know there trucks,they evenhad a complete truck with trailer in there office lobby complate with licence plate,just as a visitcard.
                              i hear that it's now gone,i also heard or read somewere that edde stobart is dead,recenly.
                              but i also see there drivers in company clothes, trouwsers ,blouse and necktie
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                                yes yyes i know there trucks,they evenhad a complete truck with trailer in there office lobby complate with licence plate,just as a visitcard.
                                i hear that it's now gone,i also heard or read somewere that edde stobart is dead,recenly.
                                but i also see there drivers in company clothes, trouwsers ,blouse and necktie
                                Ahh - the legend that is Eddie Stobart!

Yep, I believe that the original Eddie is still around, but Edward junior (his son) died last year having built up the business and then handed it over a few years ago to his brother, William, and his business partner (and I believe brother in law) Andrew Tinkler.

It's more than just lorries now - multimodal freight, freight trains, railway maintenance and now two airports too!

'Eddie-spotting' can absorb many hours when driving up and down the motorways (seeing how many lorries you pass!) - and they've been the subject of three series of quite entertaining TV documentary lately.

www.stobartgroup.co.uk

and of course the Eddie spotters club at www.clubstobart.co.uk
                                Last edited by PoloUK; April 15th, 2012, 20:37.
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X