X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    Re: Ditjes en Datjes of JANIHUDI

same here,just cut the hortense,have to do that on the roses too.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Yikes. I can't stop now, but I'll study that later today. Just now it is WARM, sun is shining and it's going to be gardening this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

okay here we go

black : the historic port of Woudrichem,digged out
    red : the new digged flood channel (about 10 years back)
    purple: the flood channel they are digging now
    yellow:a old channal to the port of Oudendijk (my birthplace)( not in use anymore,but i know that there was a kind of yacht marina for the locals)
    pink: the walk we did
    grey: the ''forest''
    orange: where i made the ''forest'' images
    bleu: the aeria where theu cut away trees including dig out the roots,so that there wil be no new loots.
    orange dots:the pillars for the Genius troops??? so that in the time of the cold war (in the winter) and the russians would blow up the bridge,the troops could build a bridge over the river.if from the beach they would use a pontoon bridge or a ''ferry'' i don't know,but images wil come.
    licht bleu: the DAMEN shipyard
    light green: where the cows walked,and we on the other side of the channel
    white: the horsies
    Last edited by janihudi; April 13th, 2013, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Are there always masses of shells on that beach or were they deposited by the floods?
    there were always lots of shells there,as i can remember me,those are the beaches where we used to go to in my younger years to swim.

All I can think of for your puzzle picture is an old trainer (shoe), but I much prefer looking at the coltsfoot flower, thank you!
    you had it right J-O ,it's a bike seat,but white is not a normal color for a bike seat,so we didn't know what we saw until we get closer.Marijke made a macro image of the clotsfoot flower,i'm not,i had to change lenses,we al were walking with our big zoomers..lets see if we can get her in action here.

Looking through your forest, it looks as if the trees are regularly coppiced, that is trunks cut off down to just above the ground. The wood is sold and the stump sends up not one but several new trunks. Crowded close like that the trunks grow fairly straight and are more useful. I don't mean the ones in front, which are presumably cut because they're near the path, but those further back.
    they are indeed regulary coppiced,this is the flood aeria when the floodings come,so this al is dun under de name ''make way for the water'' ,trees ,bushes etcetcetc holding the water up,but it's also a nature aeria so a bit of 50/50 where the cow stands in the water is a flood channel,the historic port of Woudrichem is made as a water storage,on the other side of the river they also making a new flood channel,just for making a way out for the water,we the stupid farmers may drown,but the people in the cities Dordrecht ,rotterdam and everyone around there ae save,we are just farmers.
    Last edited by janihudi; April 13th, 2013, 09:53.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    first we thought that it was a dead bird,but comming closer we saw that it wasn't a bird,but a .........

Is that a fish or a bike-seat?

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Are there always masses of shells on that beach or were they deposited by the floods?
    All I can think of for your puzzle picture is an old trainer (shoe), but I much prefer looking at the coltsfoot flower, thank you!
    Looking through your forest, it looks as if the trees are regularly coppiced, that is trunks cut off down to just above the ground. The wood is sold and the stump sends up not one but several new trunks. Crowded close like that the trunks grow fairly straight and are more useful. I don't mean the ones in front, which are presumably cut because they're near the path, but those further back.
    Lecture over.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

there is a forest,somewhere behind the trees.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

first we thought that it was a dead bird,but comming closer we saw that it wasn't a bird,but a .........

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

shells,again shells and shells,lots and lots if them.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

was today at the river again with my partners in crime Cornel,Marijke and Wesley,but the most images of me fits in there threads,so just a few here.

the water flushed most of the sand away,so the roots are above the soil now.

Cornel is slapping the bull.(this size he dare)

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Hey, Thijs, these are good, such fun. Cornel did a very good job, particularly with the "triplets", but at the same time your one at 158.2 is really excellent considering it was ordinary cut and paste - very painstaking and tricky to get that wonderful result. But then you have great patience, as is evident from your work on the models. What will you be like when you get PE installed????? Oh, you must try some more.
    When you said you wanted to do a photoshoot I thought it was just ordinary photos of your family, nothing like this! Great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

and here you see the ''luck'' for me that she did step back for the fire,my sister in law are tripplets.

so thank you cornel for editing,but images are taken by me.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

so i asked Cornel,who is always editing his images ,if he could do it for me.one with the burning and one with the other paper.
    he would try it,but had never done such kind of editing.

this he was sending back

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

but the thin paper was burning so quick,that i got 1 try,so we take a thicker paper and roll it up stronger,and that was hardley burning,
    + the first paper made her scared for a second try.

and because the elements photoshop issn't still on the computer,i did it with cut and past work,and see that there was a differend in light and bij pressing the shutter was even enough to move the camera a little.

but this was the idea.

the image with the burning paper is the whole image,i cut 3 other pieces from another image and past it on that one,you see the lighter part of the shet and tiles.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

at eastersunday i had a ''photoshoot'' with my sister in law Corina,just for a try.

one idea of me was to make a twins image,1 sitting near the fireheater and another 1 with a burning paper that is handing her ''sister'' to set the heater in fire.

stuffing the heather full with wood.

giving her the fire

and because it was burning so fast she did a dtep back,and almost out of the frame.(but this was a luck,for me,see this later)
    Last edited by janihudi; April 3rd, 2013, 22:13.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X