No announcement yet.

Sigve's New Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22.4.2020: A sad sight: Three Hurtigruten ships idle, docked in Ålesund because of the virus. Nordkapp, Nordlys and as from today, Midnatsol. A fourth ship, Spitsbergen, is docked at Fiskerstrand shipyard for updates.
    An impressive sight, yes, but not under these condiitions. All Hurtigrutens sailings are postponed until May 20, but according to Ålesunds harbour captain, they will be postponed until the end of this year. Lets hope he is wrong. (Photo: Ålesund havnevesen, webcamera).

Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that in some weeks we will have a clearer and objective sight at the numbers. Up to now Norway does not report the number of recovered people, which should have reached about three quarters of the total number of infected people. If we count that in, Norway should have about 1.800 active cases left.Daily new infections are about 80 in average. So it will increase by 1120 during 14 days under normal circumstances. In the same period about 130 people per day will recover. So the curve will flatten. Touristic cruises will be a very difficult topic during this years, this maybe correct. But travels for Norwegians within Norway from late summer on? I see no reason, why not. - If we all keep up the discipline. Plus new actions so to say quick test, maybe some medicine to lower the risk of getting sick. Vaccination will be possible soonest next year. But running 12 ships without foreign guests?
Working...
X