Enthusiastically regards
          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Re: Mountains

"I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Oh what a treat TNA! It seems we kind of forgot this great thread for 3 years …but what a brilliant come back.
              I admit I had to look up the location of the mountain…(if anyone else needs to, there’s a map here and you very soon see in relation to Ålesund when you zoom out a bit).

I also glanced at a couple of other web pages with many photos but believe me, yours were by far the most impressive. I especially like #14 looking up at those peaks above the green and I keep coming back to #19.

It looks quite a cosy place between those rocks in #20, but wow, one needs a head for heights just to look at the photos in #15 and 16!!!!!!

Comment

Tanks Seagull !! Your kind words inspires me to go out there and shoot a lot of pictures :-) I found this thread at the last place in the forum. :-) I will continue to post mountain pictures as often as i can.

Enthusiastically regards
                Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Torbjørn....., I'm out of words!!!
                  Why haven't I seen these images from Sula mountain before? Wow!!
                  And as for your comeback pictures from Jønshornet....., well, you MUST post more from your mountain trips!

Your images from Sula mountain overviewing Hessa and Ålesund sets me back to last summer, driving out to Slinningsodden to picture "QM 2", and also later when I visited your beautiful city for the hurtigrute mishap and "Fram".

I hope there are some interesting cruise vessels visiting this summer too, as I will not hesitate to put myself and my car on board the 05:10-ferry from Molde to visit Ålesund again.

To be honest, who needs a cruise ship as an excuse to visit Ålesund? Not me. I will try to bring my family along to Sunnmøre Museum this year, even though they took a lot of beating during hurricane 'Dagmar'..., or was it 'Berit' ?

Anyway, your Sula images brought back good memories from last summer!
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great seeing you back TNAalesund... I have many a time wanted to have the pleasure and honor of welcoming you "home" to us.

These new mountain images is superb, as always from you.

There is something spooky, something "real" and something "wild" about such places on earth. Kind of an un-touched feel to them.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yesterday, at the last day of June, I went for a walk onto a small mountain here in Aalesund which is called Emblemsfjellet. The mountain may be small (About 3-400 meters high) but the wiew is spectacular!! :-)

Here are some of the pictures that I captured

In the first picture you can see Aalesund in the middle.

A little closer

Spectacular wiew :-)
                      Last edited by TNAalesund; July 1st, 2013, 17:34.

Enthusiastically regards
                      Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Here you can see Spjelkavik with the island Ellingsøy behind.

Here is towards Sula island, and in the middle you can see Fiskerstrand shipyard. With a couple of ferries in the drydock.

One of Fiskerstrand shipyars's drydocks
                        Last edited by TNAalesund; July 1st, 2013, 17:34.

Enthusiastically regards
                        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

A close up of Aalesund. The cruiseship in the picture is "Empress".

Aalesund in the middle with Godøya behind, Sula to the left, Valderøy and Giske to the right of Aalesund and Elingsøy to far to the right.

Sula Island

Enthusiastically regards
                          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Storfjord with Hjørundfjord to the left. The tallest peak in the background (With snow on it) is Jønshornet (1409 meters), which I posted pictures from earlier in this thread.

Sykkylven with Sykkylvsfjord.

Enthusiastically regards
                            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Enthusiastically regards
                              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Beautiful mountain top- views!

Makes me hunger for more trips to tops that I have not yet been to!
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X