SS365 – Seagull's Skyscape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehp View Post
    ....Now don't dare take a photo of sky for at least a week!!!!!....
    This warning already came too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting at the computer, scarcely more than an hour after posting the final images, I happened to look out of the window…saw an attractively lit cloud, and had grabbed my camera, opened the window and leaned out before my brain even started to form the thought “I don’t have to do this”……

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    ....I can't wait to learn more about what was your thoughts now as you have completed it. What was the hardest, what was the best thing with the project.... and would you ever do it again?
    …well, in light of what I’ve said to E above, I am almost wondering if the hardest thing will be actually stopping! (Maybe that answers the question of whether I’d do it again too!).
    But of course there were times when it was really really hard to fit it into busy or otherwise preoccupied times, and those evenings which found me in some panic with no picture yet taken. A more regular difficulty was not so much actually taking the photo, but the time it takes to organise and prepare the images. That is probably the hardest thing. There were also choices to be made, for I frequently took many images in a day –limiting myself to taking only one photo whilst needing to be sure I actually ended up with one, would, if you think about it, have deprived you of most of those stunning sunsets!

But, as you, pakarang, and Elizabeth too seem to have experienced, there is a difficult period when the end is in sight (far too close to abandon the project with any grace), but with still some way to go. I called it my Samuel Beckett phase, for a quotation from “Endgame” seemed to sum up my mood:
    Finished, it's finished, nearly finished, it must be nearly finished.

…and the final words from “The Unnamable”, (I imagined pakarang saying the first four words!) :
    You must go on. I can't go on. I'll go on.

I’m sure I’m not temperamentally suited to a more general “anything goes” project premise. I would very soon descend to a halt due to total indecision about what to photograph. The perfectionist and unconfident bit of me also needs to be able to blame what a real photographer would consider an unsatisfactory image on “the weather” …. ” that was what it was like that day” … “it’s not my fault”!

The best thing about the project may have been coming up with subject matter that was “me” and therefore both enjoyable and achievable. So now looking back I feel really good about it, about myself, about having made Jan-Olav proud to have influenced and encouraged me to do it, and that in the end I have given him something unique and special.

I’ll only be tell you in due time how it works for me in a personal way as diary and a record and remembrance of the past year.

Comment

So proud of you.... so happy, you have no idea how much pleasure you have given me by fulfilling your one year long engagement!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

That seasonal thank you …

Dear CV friends and Skyscape supporters,
        Those of you with good memories might just be wondering if my memory is so bad that I’d forgotten I’d said this in post #373!!!!:

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...3317#post33317

Well, with Skyscape not concluding until 22nd November, the time-scale was frankly over-optimistic anyway, and that was before the worst snow in years caused chaos with the postal service here. So I’ve realised it would be best to wait until next year.

It might actually be even more appreciated after that period of time has passed, and I’d have the pleasure of the leisure to really enjoy selecting the images for each of you (and yes, believe me, I do remember your favourites!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ). So expect a little reminder next autumn to PM me a snail-mail address if I don’t already have yours.

Comment

Oh, Cecilia...you had to go and make me think "calendar"....
          Every year, I collect up the family photos and "do" a calendar for the family...not just 12 photos though, I use Shutterfly and they have multiple photo options on each page...
          Well, given the "events" of the past few months, I haven't gotten around to it yet...grrrr.......
          oh, well...it gets done when it gets done.....

Maybe I'll work on it today......instead of wrapping prezzies........

Comment

Lady C....

Would you allow me putting these in an own album on the main page?

http://www.captainsvoyage.com/captai...s_and_Art.html

If you would give me that honor, I'd love to have it there.... I might not get a time to do it right now, but as a future project of mine.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

My dear! – at the end it says that it is for you – so yes, of course you may
              (though only when you have more leisure for such things, you hard worker )

Actually it would be me who would feel honoured.

Comment

Re: SS365 – Seagull's Skyscape

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                ....I’ll only be tell you in due time how it works for me in a personal way as diary and a record and remembrance of the past year.
                It did work.

It’s working today, as I remember this day three years ago.
                …when I was remembering five years before then.

Comment

Seagull; have you ever thought about repeating this incredible project? From time to time I open this thread, views a collection of skyscapes, another day another collection, and so on....
                  Regards; Sigve.
                  ---
                  IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Sigve, have you also seen the second year, Skyscape 2 which started in May 2011?

Comment

In fact, no. Not until you pointed it out to me. I'll have a look. Be sure!
                      Regards; Sigve.
                      ---
                      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Seagull
                        Seagull commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Enjoy!!!!!
                    Working...
                    X