No announcement yet.

SS365 – Seagull's Skyscape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for a moment I was thinking that your 254 might have been a typo, though for sure that sunset is quite nice )

. . . . . but what about 245 ?????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      (By the way: what's the use for that paint brush? Dust cleaning of instrument panel?).
      Yes, dust cleaning... thanks for the very nice comments as well... I'm touched, honestly, I don't know what to say...

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      . . . . . but what about 245 ?????????????????
      245 is more of a (well, you know me...)
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Day 256– 2010 August 4

Comment

Day 257– 2010 August 5

Comment

Day 258– 2010 August 6

Comment

Day 259– 2010 August 7

Comment

Day 260– 2010 August 8

Last edited by Seagull; August 17th, 2010, 18:07.

Comment

Day 261– 2010 August 9

Last edited by Seagull; August 17th, 2010, 18:07.

Comment

Day 262– 2010 August 10

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Week 38

I had felt need to pause and reflect for longer on the special experiences in Norway. But 365 is a relentless taskmaster, and so here, hot on the heels of my first week back here, is the next week, 38, to get me completely caught-up and back on schedule.

Day 267 was really Night when I was at D’s and woke at four in the morning unable to get back to sleep. Looking out of a window to the south, it was strangely foggy, a low level fog capturing the street lights glow, but looking upwards the sky was clear . . . and that tiny bright dot where the sky becomes dark is not some faulty pixel on the camera sensor but the planet Jupiter!

Day 268. Is it perhaps too fanciful, but to me there is the shape of a Teddy Bear’s head in the cloud of the centre of the image, the furry ears prominent. He seems to emerge from a blue wrapping, just as Lookchin was to do when he arrived that very same morning . . .

It is Festival time here in Edinburgh. So far I have been to the opening concert – John Adams El Niño – and heard a Finnish orchestra performing not Sibelius, but the Danish composer Nielsen’s 4th and 5th symphonies. Beyond these “Official” Festival performances, booked months ago, there is of course the Fringe, the Book Festival, and all manner of more spontaneous events and happenings. In Princes Street Gardens I encountered a “Festival in the Sky” where one can “Dare to dine at 100 ft” in what was also wittily described as “the most uplifting experience” of the festival!!!!!

Content to consider the Adams and that Nielsen 4 as my most uplifting experiences, I have no plans to dine in the sky, but that towering crane seen against the castle is nevertheless a natural choice for Skyscape!!!!!!

Comment

Day 263– 2010 August 11

Comment

Day 264– 2010 August 12

Comment

Day 265– 2010 August 13

Comment

Day 266– 2010 August 14

Comment

Day 267– 2010 August 15

Comment

Working...