Day 205– 2010 June 14

Comment

Day 206– 2010 June 15

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        Day 201– 2010 June 10

I really LOVE this one! Stunning.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh my, that was a rapid response . . . .you must have been sitting there waiting for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            Oh my, that was a rapid response . . . .you must have been sitting there waiting for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Guilty! About time.... almost running into abstinence....
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Some late comments about Week 28

So nice to have our Captain back after a few days away.
              I was so eager to welcome and please him with another week of images that I forgot to comment about the previous weeks photos!

Steve, Wesley and Ralf all liked Day 196 showing the sunset seen in the direction of the Firth of Forth. I meant to say that this was taken with the maximum zoom of my lens - 200mm (i.e.300mm equivalent in 35mm film), and just cropped vertically. The Forth road and rail bridges are about 16km away from where I took the photo, and the distant hills – the Ochil Hills –are another 25km beyond the bridges, and can’t always be seen from this location.

The following day I’d have only just made out the foreground tree, and by Day 199 conditions, you’d have seen nothing at all from that spot!

Sure the misty foggy weather had been a bit extreme. Even so I am a little surprised that I have only taken one other view from here for Skyscape – and that was to show the snow – but you can recognise the foreground tree in common between the two pictures.

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
              Day 198 is my recent favorite. I don't know if Oliver Twist or Mary Poppins will appear magically from the photo.
              As for Dane’s comment on Day 198, I should maybe add that the Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling lives not very far away from where it was taken!

Comment

Late - have been almost a week offline - but not too late i declare my weeks favourite: #202. Clouds moving like waves, fabulous picture!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thank you Ralf, not least because (even in a week of managing to do a wide angle pakarang-like sunset picture!) those subtle cloud-waves were also my own favourite. I think that was because they suggested to me the ripples left by the sea on the sandy beaches of my childhood.

Comment

Day 207– 2010 June 16

Comment

Day 208– 2010 June 17

Comment

Day 209– 2010 June 18

Comment

Day 210– 2010 June 19

Comment

Day 211– 2010 June 20

Comment

Day 212– 2010 June 21