SS365 – Seagull's Skyscape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    i have wondering that to. why using for every image another post.
    just using space.
    as far i know, more posts dont give you more kredits,only another rank.
    The reason why I myself keep to one-image-per-post is so that the page loads faster when you return to the thread. With 10 images in each post, at a slow Internet connection, it takes ages for the entire page to load so that I can read the new comment on the bottom.

But, yes indeed, at 2.500 you will be a CV Commodore!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oops, just about to post this reply to wherrygirl and janihudi when I realised Pakarang had already answered. But anyway here is what I had been going to say:-

Don’t worry wherrygirl and janihudi– all this rank nonsense that folk on other types of forums seem to think is so important doesn’t matter here among friends – these rank thingies just come with the standard bulletin board software (though have been given maritime type names to make it seem “more like us”). Be assured that it’s quality rather than quantity that we really care about here aboard CaptainsVoyage.

The reason for my remark about posts and ranks actually dates from when Elizabeth became Master Mariner, and it was approaching her birthday and we teased her incessantly about “Marine Mistress” being a more suitable title – I think someone actually made her a special certificate!

As for splitting up posts – I used to produce gigantically long ones with as many as 10-15 pictures, back on our old board. More recently our Captain said that doing this means it takes forever to load (specially annoying for those with slower connections I suppose) and that is why he himself only puts a few photos per post, especially in those type of threads which consist mostly of images. I just followed his example where appropriate. For more “wordy” posts I just break only at suitable places in the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        Oops, just about to post this reply to wherrygirl and janihudi when I realised Pakarang had already answered. But anyway here is what I had been going to say:-

Don’t worry wherrygirl and janihudi– all this rank nonsense that folk on other types of forums seem to think is so important doesn’t matter here among friends – these rank thingies just come with the standard bulletin board software (though have been given maritime type names to make it seem “more like us”). Be assured that it’s quality rather than quantity that we really care about here aboard CaptainsVoyage.
        Quality. That's what I thought when I first joined. I post when I have something to say, ask, or - as at least one person here knows - I cannot resist pulling their leg.

As for splitting up posts – I used to produce gigantically long ones with as many as 10-15 pictures, back on our old board. More recently our Captain said that doing this means it takes forever to load (specially annoying for those with slower connections I suppose) and that is why he himself only puts a few photos per post, especially in those type of threads which consist mostly of images. I just followed his example where appropriate. For more “wordy” posts I just break only at suitable places in the narrative.
        I originally posted my response to Seagull's quote on this thread, but am now removing it to How many Images Per Post as it is more relevant there than taking up more space on this lovely thread. http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...1884#post31884
        Last edited by wherrygirl; May 14th, 2010, 17:17.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

The Skyscape Diaries – Week 25

Well. I made it! – another early morning trek to the summit of Arthur’s Seat – May Morning sunrise (day 161) meets the Scottish saltire of day 153 and the result is day 177!
          Yes, it’s for Norway’s Constitution Day! It has become a tradition in Edinburgh to start that day’s celebrations at 7am when the energetic, and especially the Norwegian students, ascend Arthur’s Seat and, to the accompaniment of a Scottish piper, hoist the Norwegian flag at the summit!
          Although not quite such an early start as on Mayday, it was nevertheless striking to realise how rapidly the mornings are become lighter at this time of year.

On other days this week I watched the sun setting from another of the city’s hills, and returned to the cherry blossom theme. And the bare branches of a tree glimpsed through a rain-drenched window on day 173 had burst into leaf just five days later.

But if I had not been up into the higher hills at the end of last week and experienced how cold it was becoming, I would certainly not have expected to have been starting this week with a snow scene!

Comment

Day 172– 2010 May 12

Comment

Day 173– 2010 May 13

Last edited by Seagull; May 19th, 2010, 18:06.

Comment

Day 174– 2010 May 14

Comment

Day 175– 2010 May 15

Comment

Day 176– 2010 May 16

Comment

Day 177– 2010 May 17

Comment

Day 178– 2010 May 18

Comment

WOW Cecilia,they are beautiful again.
                          i specialy like 174 with those colorfull lines;green ,pink,green,lightbleu and dark bleu,with 3 towers to "disturbe" those lines of colors.
                          and not to forget thay awesome sunset on 176
                          Last edited by janihudi; May 20th, 2010, 18:22.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

I like #173, because it reminds me on the weather i have now for a whole week. Rain in Black Forest, rain in Stuttgart, rain in Czech Republik.... just representing my mood today...
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

How awesome is the 17 May photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                                How awesome is the 17 May photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                May 14, 15, 16 and 17 as well... awesomeeee!!
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X