Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

I hope I'm not the only one, but I find abandoned buildings quite interesting, whether they are located in cities or in the country side. At times, they can be the perfect motif for photographers. With this thread, I hope we can collect an erray of images from abandoned buildings and houses from all over the world, city and countryside.

On our old forum, we did have a similar thread, which I welcome you all to look through: Images of abandonment: Tschernobyl ...

• pakarang
    replied
    Both locations are truly fascinating, but the administrative building is the most interesting. Looks like those pesky asbestos plates on the side wall too, perhaps just below the roof too.

To see the change over the last four years is interesting: a couple of years or a decade more, there will be little to nothing left unless someone cleans up the area first. It's like what the priest says, from dust to dust.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Drove over to a place called Honningsøy at Averøy west of Kristiansund today.
    In March of 2015 I photographed an old abandoned boat house, but after 4 more years of wear and tear from the weather, I was collapsed

March 2015
    ​​​​​​SSL22374 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

February 2019
    IMGP0953 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In the same area is this old abandoned house. It once was the administrative building/offices of the local fish factory
    ​​​​​​53036247_10157476881924610_3100333717554462720_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, there seems to be: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/berny/43817454
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDnqxpjcH4

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I'm so fascinated by abandoned places.
    Does it exist interior pictures from Sarnes to be found?

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Some recent photos of the old Internat at Sarnes. I still find this place hugely spooky.

http://www.radionordkapp.no/nyheter/...ve-internatet/

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Same from 21.05.2018:

Slow process, but progressing. Reverting.

Will be a nice place to live I would think. Spectacular view and close to town.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    The Slaughter house in Aalesund has been abandoned for several years, but the buildings are still standing.
    Through this gate thousands of cows has past, to be offloaded at the ramps in the background:

From these ramps tonnes of Oxtongue, Oxtail, Ox Filet and other Ox delicacies have been distributed:

Whatever happened to the COWS???
    Update on the old slaughterhouse in Aalesund. It is being demolished and will be replaced with blocks of flats in due course.
    Here some pictures taken 30.04.2018:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Fascinating new additions, Sterkoder.

Just imagine the stories behind those walls... as they say, if these walls could talk....!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    That guy is all over town, in different sizes
    ​​​​​​SSL24977-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Soft light
    ​​​​​​SSL24982-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    SSL24927-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the concrete building at Nordholmen
    ​​​​​​SSL24959-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL24964-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL24966-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Look at that light!!! A model, reflector, diffuser...., I could go bananas :-)
    SSL24967-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24971-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24973-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24976-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    My daughter and I went out today with our cameras. I wanted to show her a place I've known of for quite some time and she wanted to take me along to an abandoned concrete building in the middle of the town. In fact, in the middle of Nordsundet inlet under the Nordsundet bridge.

I love abandoned places and stuff, I love the natural light, and here are my images from todays walk.

"Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time"

​​​​​​SSL24900-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL24905-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24908-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24912-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24914-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24919-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24926-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I agree with you Sterkoder, safety must be a priority when entering abandoned places. You can never be sure about the construction of the place and whether it can still carry the weight of anyone.

Harestølen and Chernobyl are two of my dream places to go - and as you say, Harestølen is in the process of being legally transformed into a hotel and/or spa. Plans are indeed moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Moody pictures indeed!

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.
    Yes, a kind of morbid obsession. But as I walk alone, I don't dare to step inside, even in daylight.
    The reason, or a large part of it is that we can never be sure about the floor or roof, and as I am rather heavy, I don't take the chance of being left alone falling down or something. So be aware folks, be at least two together when entering abandoned places.
    The local school use these houses (there are in fact three or four spread around in the same forest) to learn about photography and making films/videos, and the class of my daughter used this house to make a horror video some four years ago.
    A dream is to go to Harestølen sanatorium, before they rebuild it as a hotel (yes, there are plans), and now one must pay NOK (150,- I belive) to enter for taking pictures. I guess there's a guy and possibly a woman living up there, who also act as guides.
    You can learn more about this on YouYube or when you Google Harestølen sanatorium.
Working...
X