Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old pier at Kinlochmoidart

There didn't used to be a road in here and the suppliers were delivered by the 'Puffers'

Last edited by Gaelsail; May 5th, 2009, 19:08.

Comment

Old Church at Polnish.

This church was for sale in the late 1990's and I'm not sure who bought it or what their plans are but I've never seen anything happening. It is now looking rather sorry.

Comment

I've always thought that a de-consecrated church would make the coolest house.....

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          I've always thought that a de-consecrated church would make the coolest house.....
          I confess it has never appealed to me although I know a few that are now cafes or craft shops.

Comment

September 2008 I ran into this old "house" in the middle of nowere. 4 days walking in the wilderness Misvær - Beiarn in Nordland, with just my sleepingbag. The door was open, so I slept one night inside.

Comment

Such a lovely autumn feeling. It must have been special to take such a walk.
              You know, at the beginning of this thread many of the buildings were rather spooky, but recently we have had some with a good ambience, such as Sterkoder's at Nålsundkanalen. And now this one - I would happily have spent the night there.

Comment

If this were a photo contest I would have to vote for that one. The colors are incredible.

Comment

Abandoned barracks of frontier soldiers near Eisenach / Thüringen:

There are a lot of those along the former German/German border, and some of them look like they were leaved yesterday...
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Abandoned textile factory in Blankenstein / Thüringen.
                    This company was seated just behind the German/German border and did not survive the change into the new times. They produced blouses for women and with open borders they soon lost their safe customers and had to fight against the Asian competitors. The same fate hit many textile companies in the "Eastern States" of Europe.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Abandoned houses and buildings comes in so many great shapes...

Came to think of it, on the country side, buildings are abandoned whilst in the city, everything is demolished and removed to make way for new constructions.

Is there anyone who have some images of abandoned buildings in a city?
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Lest (or, let's ) not forget this amazing task of photographing abandoned buildings and structures around the world. I bet there are many more we haven't yet seen...

Here is one, located just north of Rørvik. I know the image is rather dark and it's hard to see, but the late evening sun was blinding and poor me, had to wear sunglasses close to 11PM in the evening....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

if the late evening sun was blinding...how did you do this???

(seriously--how do you not have the glare?? )

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            if the late evening sun was blinding...how did you do this???

(seriously--how do you not have the glare?? )
                            Clean lenses, and a large hand to shade the worst sun!

Comment

Unused shed

shed at jetty on Loch Sunart. Painted but empty and unused.

Comment

Thanks for continuing to build this thread and for not forgetting all about it...

This is one of my favorite threads, much because of my fascination of the subject...

Comment

Working...
                                X