No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment: Abandoned and dilipated houses and properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Very nice indeed. Bali has some of the most beautiful resorts in the world, some costing as much as an arm and a leg, but they also have these abandoned cheap ones which cost less than the threads used in making a shirt.

Could have been interesting to take a look inside, and see what is left.... but clearly, there aren't that many guests coming and going so much anymore...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Drove some 130 km today, in a combination to visit an old place from my childhood and to search for picture motives.

Here are some abandoned boathouses near the narrow channel between Straumsnes and Aspøya. The channel is called Nålsundkanalen.

The group of houses together. Nice, isn't it...?

The channel itself

The main road goes over the channel via a bridge that's swingable.

Closer look at the wheel arrangement

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
      Last edited by Sterkoder; April 26th, 2009, 19:26.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Then I drove to our summer house near an old steamship dock. The old dockhouse were used to keep passengers out of weather while waiting for the steamer, and to store luggage, cargo and so on.
        Nobody, at least not the todays owner, are interested in restoring it...

And here you see the dock and house together...

A pole to moor old ships near our summer house...

And finally, an old barn

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

Hope you all enjoyed..

Comment

WAOW ... Sterkoder, those were beautiful shots: all of them!

My favorite is the close up of the old rusty mooring bollard.

Very nice job indeed! Wonderful images!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            Can you imagine how sweet this little house would have been when it was first built???

And tin roofs. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing like the sound of a tin roof in the rain. Oh, how I LOVE that...... One of the most relaxing sounds in the world to me.

Thanks, Svein, for driving all that way for these. They're FABULOUS!!

Comment

Totally agree with you there, Elizabeth!
              That little house there is turning towards the Freifjord and northwest. That means there will be sunshine there long past midnight in the summertime, and instead of rain on the roof..., could you imagine the peaceful sound of the sea against the shore of rocks....??

Thanks for the comment, the drive was worth it...!

Comment

Abandoned house in Fosnes County recently:

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Totally agree with you there, Elizabeth!
                  That little house there is turning towards the Freifjord and northwest. That means there will be sunshine there long past midnight in the summertime, and instead of rain on the roof..., could you imagine the peaceful sound of the sea against the shore of rocks....??

Thanks for the comment, the drive was worth it...!
                  You found the ONE sound even MORE relaxing to me than rain on the roof!!!

Thanks for the smile!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    Abandoned house in Fosnes County recently:

DO you ever like to sit and wonder what this looked like when it was first built? Who lived there? What their lives were like?

I like imagining what plants they chose for the garden...what family celebrations were like. Sometimes old houses can really "speak" to you in the way more modern ones can't....

Do I sound like a lunatic????? Guess you all figured that out already...

Comment

An abandoned mechanical workshop downtown Rørvik:

Comment

Abandoned lighthouse in Africa:

Comment

One more this evening, an abandoned WW2 bunker at Marøy:

Comment

An abandoned mechanical workshop downtown Rørvik:
                            So you got them in Rørvik too...., the wartime german barracks.

Not many older inhabitants want to take care of anything german, obviously, but since they are a part of near history, I think it's worthwile taking care of at least one.

Comment

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                                "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." -George Santayana
                                That is so very true...., very true...!

I like this thread more and more, and I must say...., I've never in my life seen so many abandoned houses and buildings as after the birth of this thread.
                                And as E said; I also wonder about the history of the buildings.

Comment

Working...
                                X