Photo Assignment : Animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Assignment : Animals

Oh LOOK at all that down!!!! I crave musk ox down.....it makes the warmest, lightest, most expensive yarn in the world. Pure luxury.

It has to be collected off of trees, fences, etc. Can you imagine trying to BRUSH one of these critters???

Yes, everyone...want to make a knitter fall to her knees and offer you the world--or anything else you desire? Buy her qiviut (the Inuit name for musk ox).

Comment

This seagull flew along side for quite a long time as we approached Slovenia.

Comment

Not quite Slovenia, but Burford in the honey-limestoned cotswolds. I was brought up in this area, and made a relatively unusual trip back today - brings back happy memories, but not upset to have moved on.

Anyway - some Oxfordshire show-offs:

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I had some great fun yesterday photographing diving eider ducks!

I hope they didn`t turn out too dark!

Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

part two:

Comment

Comment

suberb images speedbird specially 125,5/6
                i can even see the heads below water
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Speedbird, they took forever to load on my slow Internet connection but the wait was worth every minute. I don't know if I like the bird or the droplets of water caught in mid-air that are my favorite.

Comment

I am not post whoring. I just could not bring myself to put comments about Speebird's photos in the same thread with my sea blob.

Here is a jellyfish swimming by as we were tied to the dock in Koper.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      part two:

This one is so awesome! Well shot.... you can even see the head really clearly....

PS: The duck doesn't close it's eyes either...
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you both! Btw, Dane have you thought about what that jellyfish looks like?

Comment

Almost embarrassed to post after Speedbird's ducks!! His were doing Sychronised Swimming and all mine could do (post #123) was to swim one way and look the other way! Even Dane's Jellyfish was more dynamic than the lazy English aquatic life.

Anyway, here's another birdie - a Robin, sitting in one of the trees - full of bud - alongside the Kennet and Avon Canal at Dundas (close to Bath). He at least seemed to think that Spring was on the way.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I apologize for the poor picture quality. The night was totally dark so these photos were taken in the infra red with no visible light which slows the camera making it tough to get a clear photo of a moving animal. But, this is the first bobcat that I've spotted on our property. I think he is following the rabbit that passed by just a minute before these pictures were taken.

This trail had much more animal activity until the tree in the background fell during a storm a couple weeks ago. It is funny watching the deer. The come to the tree, stop and stare at the tree as if they don't know what to do. "Hmm, this was not here last week". I cleared the tree this weekend so the animals can have their roadway back again.

Comment

Howdy folks! I thought I'd drop in and say hello, I really do apologise for my long absence.
                              This is from one of the rare excursions out I have these days, a place called Torksey Lock and the swans on the marina.

This is the swan gliding towards me.

This is the look it gave me just before it hissed at me.
                              Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

beautiful images and sharp,you came to close at there nest then?
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X