X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilotdane
    replied
    Re: Photo Assignment : Animals

Since I spent so much time diving while on vacation this set of animals all live in the water.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

That last one is another fine photo of the gull from below,Thijs. And I keep going back to the others, was looking more closely at #429.2 where, apart from the actual interest of the various gulls and their actions, the composition of the photo as a whole is perfect.
    You know, with Paul and his wonderful images of aeroplanes and you with your captivating gull pics. we have two expert photographers of that which flies.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

not a privat flock,but they (the most of them) are ''tam'' ?? used to people,the come for bagging for food by the truck.
    some of them eating out of your hands.
    in this case i was just to late,he/she was drinking there.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

More great photos from Gull-master Thijs. Have you got your own private flock of seagulls? They seem to be trained to pose for you.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Oh Mark, you made me laugh out loud at that.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Dozy lot, aren't they? Like my collared doves, the singleton spends much of its day balancing on top of the birdtable roof, half asleep.
    Don't think they've ever quite worked out what size they are. Our Miseryguts in particular never lets the fact that he's football sized stop him landing on tiny branches, and then seeming surprised when the twig describes a graceful arc as it deposits him in mid air - often upside down.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Dozy lot, aren't they? Like my collared doves, the singleton spends much of its day balancing on top of the birdtable roof, half asleep.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

Thijs has gulls, we have gormless pigeons.

Think this is probably the new generation. The nail sticking into his middle is attached to the fence - not to the pigeon. I had to check!! Think he just found it comfortable to scratch against, and he did choose to sit there after all. He flew off when it started to rain, but spent several hours there, dozing, today.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

You really are the master of these gull photos, Thijs. I love the captions, particularly that at #430.2, with the flying bird's head turned at just the angle as if it were really encouraging the other one.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Great photos Thijs! Cheeky expressions, and I love the feather detail in that last one. :-)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

any left overs?please? i was to late for dinner.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

thats right,flap your wings and you will fly.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

next feeding time will be at:right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X