Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Entrancing photos. I love to see friendships across the species, like these. But oh, what a website - each time a new photo appeared it was pushed down and immediately obscured by ads.. Sometimes it was a bank banner ad, pushing the photo right out of sight and I had to scroll up to get rid of them all. But I persevered to the end, repeating the procedure over and over again!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Unusual friendship: http://www.thelocal.no/galleries/oth...fox-and-a-dog-

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    So you're not a snob - lah!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Aha, that should make good Peking duck:

How to catch lah???

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Oh, beautiful, beautiful, you've found them - by special request. Now I'm happy
    The world famous gull photographer is back, with captions!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i'm starting to hate that guy.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    nothing on the left.

nothing on the right.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ahhh,the highway cruiser is back on the terminal.

FEEDINGTIME.

where'sthebread,where'sthebread,where'sthebread

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    They're cute aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteMartin
    replied
    Originally posted by yvneac View Post
    Hi Martin.
    The French name of this bird is "harle",(mergus merganser) and here is a female.The male has a black head and a red beck.
    Now I have not my ornitho book for the translation but if I remember well the English name is simply "merganser".
    Thank you so much yves and wherrygirl. It is good to have CVF. And I am also pleased that there are international latin names for almost everything. A google-search on Mergus merganser, told me that my female company this morning in Salangs-elva was a "LAKSAND".
    Thank`s again

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks' for the English name Ivy.I haven't see it since a long time.Last one was in Leman lake five years ago.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    We call it a Goosander, to distinguish it from the Red-Breasted Merganser (mergus serrator). Another good picture is here, although it looks as if it could do with a good combing of its quill!

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Hi Martin.
    The French name of this bird is "harle",(mergus merganser) and here is a female.The male has a black head and a red beck.
    Now I have not my ornitho book for the translation but if I remember well the English name is simply "merganser".

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteMartin
    replied
    Do we have any bird-experts among us?????? Or more spesific Duck-experts????????

This photo is taken at 5.30 in the morning in Salangselva, Troms. The duck.....or whatever it is........ was very shy. Tried to use her "camuflage". But in the end, I got a ptoper shot of this bird. And so far, no-one I know has been able to identify what kind of bird this is.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Great photo story. Usually the sheep seem happy to have lost their summer coats - but these don't seem convinced. Especially the one on the right leaning his head on the fence!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X