Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoloUK
    replied
    Another one from our trip to the Wildlife Park the other day - largely to look at the image size problem that Bengt has quite rightly identified!!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Here is a close encounter with Whales in Troms again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...fishermen.html

BBC World News showed clips from this video, but the the sound was mainly "beep. beep, beep". I wonder why???
    Well, the video was made by "Nordlendinger" and they tend to use a colourful language.

PS> I notice that the Telegraph has a bit of problem with spelling as well. Good, not only me.

I'll add another whale picture from Troms:

From VG.no today.

If that isn't the most amazing, or impossible, picture you have ever seen I don't know.
    Last edited by ombugge; November 15th, 2014, 17:13. Reason: Add picture with same subject

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Speaking of Lions (in another thread) here is a few frustrated Lions and one luck Elephant calf: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/103628/b...mot-loeveflokk

Leave a comment:

• Linray
    commented on 's reply
    They were just so cute and almost human! Thanks for your comments.

• janihudi
    replied
    it issn't the time anymore,but i should go to a zoo sometimes.
    looks like for cuddeling,but maybe better not,great images Linray

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Those are gorgeous Linray! Suspect you wouldn't think so if those teeth were clamped around your finger, but they look wonderful in the photos.

Leave a comment:

• Linray
    replied
    It must be nearly lunch time.....

Leave a comment:

• Linray
    replied
    Sea Otters at Seattle Aquarium

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Thijs!!

• janihudi
    replied
    very wel captered and focused Mark.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Could be.After having seen a Ingmar Bergman's movie......

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Don't you think he (#569/4) looks a bit like Rowan Atkinson / Mr Bean?

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Your lemurs are really cute.
    The "Thinker" could be an allegory of an economist looking at the statistics of unemployment........

• PoloUK
    replied
    A little further around and the photographer's (and insurance salesman's) favourites were busy posing. First the meerkats.

A couple of very innocent (not) looking likely-lads hanging around on this corner.

And the rather lovely Prairie Dogs. These two were particularly cute. Big hug!!!

The Penguins were enjoying the sun.

Although this one had a funny walk and a very interrogative stare!

Whilst other locals were not necessarily having a 'good feather day'.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    After a few very late autumnal / early wintery days we had wall-to-wall sunshine for most of today, temperatures of 11 or 12C, and it was really rather pleasant.

Mrs PoloUK and I headed back to a long term haunt of ours, the Cotswold Wildlife Park near Burford in the Cotswolds. We've been there before with this thread!

The animals were looking relaxed, and yet animated and interested in various things going on, and many of them were kind enough to pose for the camera. So, here's a random selection.

In the glorious 'Madagascar' walk-through exhibit, the Lemurs were enjoying their breakfast in the treetops.

Until a Red Kite appeared overhead, one of them sounded the 'aerial predator' call, and they all dived to action stations - much to the amusement of the young lady Keeper who was doing an excellent talk on the animals as they frolicked and played around her until that point.

Next door someone was deep in thought.

Have you noticed these days how everything has gone Hi-Vis orange? Health & Safety gone mad.

Bless him, the beaky end didn't look impressed - almost embarrassed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X