Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    You ask "I wonder why people ignore their own landscape so much?"
    I suppose it is not so much familiarity breeds contempt as that because we grow up with something and it is always there we cannot see it with the fresh eyes of a stranger. The grass in the other field.......
    In post 29 what is the dome? And the composition of the second photo is just beautiful, Paul. Against the softness of the foliage is the crispness of the stepped wall and the chimneys.
    In post 30 much the same applies on the composition, the warm colour of the old mill echoed by those chimneys against the colours of the variety of trees.
    Yep! I think made a good point there Ivy, you grow up with something your whole life and often ignore what would be an eye opener for another person. I still can't figure out why I've been guilty of this, even though I do have an appreciation for my surroundings. Life eh'!

In post 29. It's called NATS or National Air Traffic Services, there's a string of them across the country managing civilian air traffic.
    Ah! The stepped down wall is actually the Cemetery wall, it's recently been repaired from brainless idiots. Nuff' said!

Post 30, again this is a view that I've only just noticed after years of tree growth the result is what you can see. For many years it was bare and nothing like the photo above, thank goodness for trees I say.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

"In post 29. It's called NATS or National Air Traffic Services, there's a string of them across the country managing civilian air traffic."

And there was me thinking someone had left their golf ball on a tee!

Love the foreshortened effect of the wheat field and the field curves in the dipping road pik. A telephoto lens gives such fabulous foreshortening and can sort out the depths of field to draw attention to the subject in focus by yielding the background superbly unsharp.

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Horizontal lines + gentle colouring = serenity. And munching cows increases it! Windmill and one slightly diagonal line of the stream adds extra interest. Subtle and great.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Last edited by wherrygirl; January 22nd, 2011, 18:29.
            Ivy

Comment

Stromatolites at Hamelin Pool, Western Australia
              Wow wherrygirl, that’s terrific!
              In case anyone wants more info about stromatolites, here’s a good link:
              http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/geosci.../page6727.html

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                Wow wherrygirl, that’s terrific!
                In case anyone wants more info about stromatolites, here’s a good link:
                http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/geosci.../page6727.html
                There are several good sites, if I remember correctly. One has good information written by three Norwegians, as I told Jan-Olav when I sent him a close-up picture of the stromatolites with some text some months ago and which he used on the CV home page.

PS Just had a quick look, though I cannot stop now, but thanks for the URL - excellent.
                Last edited by wherrygirl; October 25th, 2010, 14:43.
                Ivy

Comment

.......One has good information written by three Norwegians, as I told Jan-Olav when I sent him a close-up picture of the stromatolites with some text some months ago and which he used on the CV home page......
                  Oh yes, we do have a lot of fun pages also on the main page for those that haven't ventured there yet:

http://www.captainsvoyage.com/captai...d_stories.html
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This I noticed driving on the Spridligton road in Lincolnshire a little while ago, amazing what texture clouds can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                      This I noticed driving on the Spridligton road in Lincolnshire a little while ago, amazing what texture clouds can produce.

I would just like to say how much I agree with you on that statement: texture clouds can at many occations give you some of the best landscape shots you can imagine.

Your image in this post, proves exactly that.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you Jan-Olav! I am missing seeing green leaves on the trees at the moment though, come back summer.... pleeeease!!!!!!

Comment

Great images in here, you all!!!
                          And as Paul here say; I MISS SUMMER!!!! (And the sadest thing is that we have not experienced the hardest winter of this season yet

That's why it warms a lot to se summer images, especially those where you can just watch and get the feeling to be kind of sucked into the landscape.
                          I guess it's called 'day dreaming'
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ahhh... summer, I do miss summer.... BBQ by the sea, sun bathing on the balcony, Martini a hot afternoon.... a ride on the bike...

Especially today, when the temperature this morning was a low -15 Celsius!

Comment

Ahhh... summer, I do miss summer.... BBQ by the sea, sun bathing on the balcony, Martini a hot afternoon.... a ride on the bike...

Especially today, when the temperature this morning was a low -15 Celsius!

Comment

Another of Hamelin Pool, WA at sundown:

Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X