X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    Re: Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

Thank you for posting that “as taken” photo Svein. It now makes your problems understandable. Whereas in the example you mentioned before, because there was not such a large area of one tone it was not obvious to someone who had not seen marks showing in the same positions in the frames (and also there was some sky cloud detail which was not ideally exposed and confused the issue of looking for the dust marks).
    Yes, the aperture does make a difference; I should have thought to mention that.

I know very well how you like to achieve a perfect result with little or no post-processing, so I completely understand how truly frustrating this has been, whereas to some it might not have felt so big an issue. I hope that there will soon be good news.

At least you are not camera-less meanwhile…a good thing you had not sold your old camera .

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Help E (....and Sterkoder....) figure out a new camera

I've mentioned the dust-problems I have with my camera in a couple of threads.
    Today I delivered it to a professional cleaner in Oslo, so the old FujiFilm Finepix S-1500 will have to do the job in a couple of weeks.
    Anyway, I had a PM from Cecilia on another matter, and I promised I would post an image to show what I mean by irritating dust problems.
    The below image is the plain, straight from the camera untouched version of the nr. 1 picture of post #119 in the 'Cruiseships in norwegian waters 2011'-thread.
    I guess you can understand my frustration..., as this is at f/8.0 and it only gets worse as the aperture gets higher
    (Of course they are almost, or not visible at all at let's say f/5.6 and 6.3, but not all pictures can be taken at that level)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 8th, 2011, 23:48.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you very much Seagull and Sterkoder for your comments.
    Yes Seagull you was right, the wreck is right in the shooting direction from my balcony so it had to be in the first picture

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Nice start Bengt!
    I just won a bet with myself....it was that the wreck would be on your first photo!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    WOW!!! Congratulations to you, Bengt!!!!

I feel a little "out" in here, now that it seems like I'm the only PENTAX-guy in here, but it's my own choise...., so....

No, let's be serious:
    I think your images from your new D7000 is great. Sharp and nice light and colours.
    (More "technical" than that is unable for me to be, sorry...).

Again; congratulations and I hope to see even more great pictures from you in the future

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Three test images taken with D7000 and Nikon 70-300mm (4.5-5.6) at different focal lengths this afternoon, trying to find out more or less correct settings.

What do you think, good or bad?

First image: 70mm Exposure: 1/400 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100

Second image: 185mm: 1/320 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100

Third picture: 275mm: 1/320 sec F.7,1 ISO: 100
    Last edited by Azimut; April 20th, 2011, 18:09.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for that, Seagull
    I'll just take the time to help so that I get everything to work the way I want, so we'll see if there are any usable images in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    ....Whatever Bengt chooses, I know what he will produce will be brilliant!
    Absolutely, it most certainly will! Of that there is no doubt

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
    ....I need a while to get everything to work the way I want with the new camera, but I expect that there will be some pictures soon.
    I am SO looking forward to seeing the first pictures ...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you very much, Jan-Olav
    I need a while to get everything to work the way I want with the new camera, but I expect that there will be some pictures soon.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Just how WOW is that news, Asimut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ….and what will our dear Captain have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OH, crossed posts with pakarang...he was quite laid back about it! Probably hasn't quite sunk in yet!!!!!!
    Probably so happy for a great photographer that I didn't even bother about the brand.

Whatever Bengt chooses, I know what he will produce will be brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Just how WOW is that news, Asimut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ….and what will our dear Captain have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OH, crossed posts with pakarang...he was quite laid back about it! Probably hasn't quite sunk in yet!!!!!!
    Last edited by Seagull; April 20th, 2011, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Congratulations Bengt!

Can't wait to see your future works, knowing what quality we have seen from you before!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Since this is a thread for new camera, I'll just say that I have gone over to a new camera brand.

My Olympus E-510 has served me very well for over three years, but in the last couple of weeks I have had periodic problems with focus, so after careful reviews, I bought myself a new camera a Nikon D7000 with Nikon18-200mm, 70-300mm and a wide angle lens Nikon10-24mm or Tokina 11-16mm is under consideration.

I have only been trying it out a bit for the last days, but so far I am very pleased.
    So now it's just to snap pictures and make me familiar with the camera at Easter.

Fantastic manual (book) that makes it easy to browse and read in.

So I hope that I get as much pleasure and more of my new camera than the old camera has given me for the last years.

I am now officially a Nikon man.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    The choice of lens is all dependent on what you try to achieve.

I seem to be using the 11-16 by far the most, and the 70-200 as secondary. But, then comes summer and beautiful cruise ships again, this role will be reversed.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    So, on the bottom line..., I might be quite ok for a while walking around with my 18-55 then, as long as I have a 200 ready in the bag

Leave a comment:

Working...
X