Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copyright and the right to repost images.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright and the right to repost images.

NEW TOPIC: Copyright and the right to repost images.

I came across an article in my local paper Address, unfortunately it's only in Norwegian so I'll try to give you a run down on the case in English.

The article: https://www.adressa.no/100Sport/fotb...k-278092b.html

Media giant demands supporter clubs for thousands of dollars after illegal image use

NTB scanpix is demanding money for the illegal use of their images.Football supporters are the last to pay now.
    Basically, a football supporter club used an image which NTB Scanpix owns, and the media giant now demands money for their "unauthorised" use.

NTB Scanpix sent them a bill of 3600NOK for the use of the images.

It is not correct.You should rather talk about how it is used, and be told that "this is not okay, this is okay".At best, supporters could have access to non-commercial images.It would have been a much better solution, says Sandboe, who himself is a photographer.

It is a big problem for us that people are taking care of themselves.Joakim Nilsson, NTB scanpix
    I think we all need to be aware that posting others images without permission, even here on CVF, we need to be vigilant and make sure we have the permission to do so.

What do you think about this case?

Is it correct of NTB Scanpix to demand money for the use of their images, or should supporter clubs and other voluntary organisations also have to pay? Are these groups different from other companies which also has to pay?

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Big companies gave the layers and the money to suw you.
    from my opinion , who places images on the net, lost the right to claim them.
    photos placed on facebook , you lost y oour ribght to suw facebook when they use them.
    whom gots the money, makes the rules
    best regards Thijs

Comment

The "correct way" to share other peoples pictures is to link to the page (not the image) where they originally were posted. That way it should be fine for all.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
        Big companies gave the layers and the money to suw you.
        from my opinion , who places images on the net, lost the right to claim them.
        photos placed on facebook , you lost y oour ribght to suw facebook when they use them.
        whom gots the money, makes the rules
        Sadly, there is a lot of truth to that Thijs... the one with the money is often the one who also calls the shots (decides). We see that all across the world. Not ideal at all.

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
        The "correct way" to share other peoples pictures is to link to the page (not the image) where they originally were posted. That way it should be fine for all.
        I agree with you, that would ideally be the best way for both parts I would guess.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
        X