No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today on the radio, the singer od Roxette, Marie Fredriksson died today at the age of 61.

there fame started with the song, The Look

best regards Thijs

Comment

a task that started here.https://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com...907#post207907 (but the start for shearching those dutch songs more than a year earlier)
      became longer and longer ,and that post is from 2017.

with the new Highway cruiser i couldend play cd's anyway ,but i want stil burn them on cd's ,just as a secure safe if the computer crash
      i can only play extern music in the merc by usb,by smartphone or SD card, the camera card.
      i have those ,so i place them al on a card, don't wan to place them on a usb because that sticks out and when i do something and i pushed against it it can break.
      a SD card goes totally into the slot

but what do i have now?
      well a lot more.
      Australian trucking song almost 4, but had spent more time for the Dutch and American trucking songs
      American truckingsongs i got 10 of them ,
      and Dutch songs i have now 13 full and the 14 th half full.
      and at every cd goes about 24 songs, 80 minutes.
      thats a lot of trucking songs.

and these are for 99% about trucking songs, they only thing were they sing about are trucks. the few others are songs wich i like cause it was the singer which sing many of the Dutch songs.

and then i have to type the list of the songs on the cd and looks for a nice cd box cover.

so almost 30 cd's of trucking songs and almost 80 minutes a cd = about 36 hours

and as trucking company we lost those tree trips,so no long trips anymore
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        No more tree trips - what a great shame. I know you enjoyed them, and the photos were lovely to see.

and here they are, well the most of them. though 1 cd is missing, he was forgotten to print it out

so 16 here, but 17 cd's are ready/
      named after a truck movoe or tv serie.
      the first songs (at most of the cd's) is the film or tv serie song from that cd

11 but 10 here of American trucking songs, 9 movies and 2 series

best regards Thijs

Comment

when i had a song downloaded, it didn't sound American, it was australian
        search a bit more,there is a whole trucking sound there too, so stayed searching and at the end i had 4 of them, atleast i stopped searching
        2 movies Road games and road Warrior Outback truckers from the serie at discovery and road train, but that is for the name giving of those trucks, also it was the third cd and by this they al started with Road

some of the trucking songs were Christmas songs, but some already on burned cd's i search for more,found enough for a cd full with American,Australian,German and Dutch trucking Christmas songs
        and gave that name ''A Happy Trucking Christmas'' with the most famous Christmas truck,the Coca Cola truck, but removed the name of it

listing for those Christmas songs i also came along at German trucksongs, so made one of that too.
        with the name of the tv show ''Asphalt Cowboys'' with as cd cover the truck of Andreas Schubert.

best regards Thijs

Comment

spent many many hours on those cd's.
          searching them listen of they were alright, downloading burning a sample ,made changes, make a paper list, make a digital list ,search for images of movie posters ,and if not availeble search for a image of the truck and the movie logo ,but finally i have them. and they are useless. the HC or my car don't have a cd player anymore. well my car dos, but always playing by the usn stick ,and the HC by SD card.
          so i got 17 cd's = 422 trucking songs in another language than Dutch, but of Dutch i have also 15 cd's in progress. PFFFF

i had tried to write on every cd the movie name as on the poster or from the serie, but sometimes it was just black writing

with the tanks to my nephews Cornel van der Ven for photoshopping the images and place the movie names on the images and Otto van der Linden for printing and cutting them so they fit into the cd box

Last edited by janihudi; January 5th, 2020, 13:42.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW !!!!!!! What an impressive collection you have accomplished. And the patience!!!! And the thoroughness! You've certainly got plenty of both of those.

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            I spy a Thijs Vink trucking company. Got to have one of those, eh?
            There's a regular Aussie trucking series on TV every so often, I think it's called Outback Trucking and I used to watch it now and again just to see a bit of the outback that I remember so well form my holiday there in WA. Great memories.

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            the name of that show as Outback Truckers ,the same logo as on the cd. i wanted the truck of Steve Grahame on the cd.
            he died in 2018 and was about 75 76years old and still gooing strong.
        Working...
        X