X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great handmade gift idea from Thailand : TookGaToon

Great handmade gift idea from Thailand : TookGaToon

For those that have everything.

Without any particular relation to CaptainsVoyage, we would still like to solicit this great gift idea to those that have a problem finding a gift for your friends or loved ones.

I have used the services of this man numerous times and all his works has been impressively done. They are naturally all handmade individually and made in a sturdy clay-compound. They take about one week to three weeks to be made ready, depending on how many he currently has on order (he is a lone guy who makes a living making these great gifts).

He makes USB flash drives, key chains and small clay models of your favorite cartoon character(s), your self or even of your favorite friend(s).

All he need to get the job done, is to know whether you want a small, medium or large clay model, whether you want a key ring or USB thumb drive (1, 2, 4 or 8 Gigabytes) and naturally, he needs some photos of the person/ cartoon character you wish to have made. The photos should be of the person’s full body, and side and front head (face) view.

I ordered on of these as a birthday gift for one of my favorite personal trainers in Bangkok, and it was a massive success: very personal and very useable.

If you go to Bangkok, you may make the order directly to his small table in the MBK shopping mall (Mahboonkhrong Mall / ศูนย์การค้ามาบุญครอง ) and if not, you may send him an e-mail order through his website which is found on http://www.tookgatoon.com/

“We can make various styles of clay models from cartoon to caricature. You can have a model with similar look to your pets or even yourself. Took Ga Toon has developed our products to be practical for many applications such as decorative magnet, chess set key chain etc. Our latest product is flash drive model which can be in cartoon or caricature styles. Those are all perfect gifts for your love ones!!!”

Here are some pictures of my birthday gift to PT Noi:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

I also had an USB drive and a key chain made for myself before leaving Thailand:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ok, these are wonderful!! Absolutely fabulous! Gotta show the teens! Thanks for the link.

Comment

* bump *

Just in case some new members are looking for a gift for someone who has everything...

Comment

They just crack me up....

Gee, I wonder if I should hire one of your friends as a personal shopper for me... I've been cleaning up the patio after a LONG winter and repairing all my windchimes that suffered from the cold....and of ALL my windchimes, my favorite is the little metal windchime I bought from a vendor at the Buddhist temple in Phuket......I wish I had 10 more! I 've looked all over the internet and ebay, but no luck. It's so light, it chimes in even the lightest breeze.....

And then there's that gorgeous Thai silk....and scarves...and pillows....dynasty dvds...font sets.....

Comment

Working...
          X