X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

See what you mean.
    In that case I belive the Norwegians have an ok relationship with their Royal family.
    I also agree with you that the english way to "be Royal" suits no one...
    (Princess Diana was a major loss in that matter).
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

i saw your royals,prins Haakon and Mette-marit also on the tv here,just as a lot of other crown prins and prinsesses.

Diana was a loss,i think that too,but she didn't fit in Elisabitch royalty standahrt,
      but she had done a lot for the popularity fir the royalty.(but thats what i think)
      best regards Thijs

Comment

but she didn't fit in Elisabitch royalty standahrt,
        That was exactly my thoughts. In my mind her death was a great loss as she would have been the one who could have changed that British royalty a bit...
        For the future of the British monarchy, let us all go straight to Prince William Arthur Philip Louis when his grandmother pass away....
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I myself feel that all "Royalty" should be ended as it is so obsolete (I do apologize if I offend anyone). There is no human difference between "Commoners" and "Royalty". The only true difference is that the royal families are descended from Kings or Queens that overthrew others to obtain land and title.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
            but she didn't fit in Elisabitch royalty standahrt,
            NEVER let me see you use that term again. I hope that there are some standards on CVF such that we do not insult each other nor each others' royal families where they exist.
            Exactly what do you know about it all, Thijs?
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I strongly agree with Ivy. Opinions are opinions, and each is allowed their own opinion, however there are proper ways to express these opinions especially on delicate or personal issues. Name calling is not among these proper ways. I feel most of us are guilty to an extent in this name calling especially in regards to some of the comments that were made on the SS Norway thread about Governments, courts and ship breaking. We seemed to forget that all that took place with the Norway was perfectly legal (or mostly legal) in the country she was broken up at. Yet we felt that India, Bangladesh, etc should abide by our rules, laws and business practices. I for one was guilty of this. I do hope that we can have proper opinions voiced in future conversation as this is what makes CVF so unique and enjoyable.

Comment

No complicated explanations to Thijs. Just take your frying pan with you on your next visit and use it!!
                We say "who not wants to hear, has to feel". This is no modern form of education, but our generation still grew up with it!!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I have just added photos to my Jersey thread and animals thread.. Since Photobucket changed I had a problem connecting back and forth between them and CV Forum so I haven't been able to do two or three photos on advanced, I have had to do it one at a time, because CV is cancelled everytime I change over and I have to start again. Anyone having photo problems ?

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

have you try this one for uploading your images Kiki.

http://picturepush.com/upa

using it for years and runs good.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      have you try this one for uploading your images Kiki.

http://picturepush.com/upa

using it for years and runs good.
                      THank you,I think I know what I was doing wrong with Photobucket, so I will see what happens next time I do photos....

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

About the Royals discussion, last week.
                        Since my ancesters cutted off Louis XVI's head we have a President of Republique and....well,it's still a charge for the tax payer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                          About the Royals discussion, last week.
                          Since my ancesters cutted off Louis XVI's head we have a President of Republique and....well,it's still a charge for the tax payer!!!
                          But you get to pick who will be your Head of State. Unfortunately you have a "hybrid" system that give the President some power, not just a figure head, like constitutional Kings, or Queens. Regardless, they cost taxpayer's money for upkeep.

PS> Cutting off heads is a not politically correct these days, although a lot of people may think it should be, especially Politician's head. (Vive la Repubilque)
                          Last edited by ombugge; May 24th, 2013, 16:43. Reason: Add PS

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                            PS> Cutting off heads is a not politically correct these days, although a lot of people may think it should be, especially Politician's head. (Vive la Repubilque)
                            Not correct maybe,but occasionaly distracting....if it is about the head of my mother-in-law.

Comment

Trying to restrict today's shipspotting activities to Monaco harbour as I catch up on TV viewing of yesterday's motor racing in advance of today's F1 race! Goodness, it looks as if it was sunnier here in Edinburgh than Monaco yesterday!

Comment

Greetings from Scotland to Sweden!
                                Wishing all our Swedish CVF members a happy National Day!

Comment

Working...
                                X