X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Wow, lucky lad! I wonder what he's going to spend his prize voucher on?
    Well he bought a lovely rain proof jacket and sports socks to make up the money...... and the Easter Egg ? well he gave that to me for taking him there....lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

grandson being presented with his voucher for winning 1st prize in Easter competition...

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

What a cutie!!!
        (although I guess he would prefer to be called "handsome"!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
          What a cutie!!!
          (although I guess he would prefer to be called "handsome"!!)

he is getting so grown up now, he will be off back to Australia in a few weeks... he is so tall for 12, hate to think what he will be like next time I see him.

Comment

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know I've not vanished from this universe.
            Just been in Scandinavia for a while, I needed a break from the normal everyday humdrum and went to see my family out there.
            I managed to end up 37,000ft in the air, which in no small part was fuelled courtesy of Jack Daniels to get me over fear of flying. Yeah I know! That's me crapping myself! LOL
            Anyways, I'm back for a while until my wandering takes me elsewhere again.
            Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Paul! Marvellous surprise! I’m delighted you got this break ( ..and you were SO brave )

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                Paul! Marvellous surprise! I’m delighted you got this break ( ..and you were SO brave )
                Thank you Cecilia, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a shame it was over so quickly.
                Ah not so brave, but rather stewed! LOL

Here I am just after take-off from Ringway Manchester, although I think it's only me that refers to it as Ringway these days!
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Paul, what great news. You'll just have to do it again.
                  Lovely photo, I hope that will be the first of many?
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

great to see you back Paul,and with a great image.
                    must be great to have a friend as Jack Daniels.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                      ...Ah not so brave, but rather stewed! LOL...
                      Brave/stewed enough to look out of the window but not so over-stewed to have difficulty holding a camera steady!
                      Ah thrilled for you Paul, and, as Ivy says, maybe now you’ll do it again.
                      Love the photo. It has certainly been quite a week for photos in flight here on CVF!

Comment

since a half hour,we don't are nationals of Queen Beatrix anymore, but from King Willem Alexander.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Or rather just Willem...., as he himself wish for his fellow countrymen and women to use his first name when spoken to.
                          Congratulations though!!
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

yes thats right Svein,they (Willem and Maxima) had said,that they may call us,as the way they (the people) are feeling the best with it.

''We do not adhere to Royal titles''

but i also think that he wont like to be called ''prins pils''
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Prins Pils...., hahahahaha, that was a good one.

No, to be serious, I belive it's stupid of a King to tell his people to call him by first name(s).
                              Why?
                              In my opinion, there should (must) be a certain border, or rather a difference in levels between "ordinary" people and Royalty.
                              (I put ordinary in quotes because no one is ordinary...., each and every one are special......, but you see what I mean).
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

''prins plis'' was and is stil a nick name of him.
                                he got it in the time that he was young and a party animal,and on most of the images he has a beer in his hand.

he/they said that when they call him King,majesty,highness,Willem-alexander,Willem he be okay with it.
                                he/they rather had that a ''ordinairy'' or ''nationals'' call hem with the name that they (locals) be feel happy.
                                and not that when they HAVE to call him majesty or king,and the ordinairy people can't say nothing anymore.
                                he wants that his ''nationals'' and the royals are close to each other.
                                they don't want the englisch royalty rules.
                                but i think that no one would call him with ,He You,come here.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X