This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHIT-CHAT Zone

Thanks Steve. I realise now that it was the FB icon itself that was not loading, it was missing on rhe index page. What was odd was that the video link on another thread was not working properly, either, and I put the two together and thought - what the heck??? But they were probably two hiccups that happened to coincide. They're not out to get me, after all!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

It is from your own you are going to get it: http://www.vg.no/rampelys/prinsebryl...artid=10046026

Comment

Have a look at this idea: http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_tr...-android-share

Anybody who want to comment on the feasibility of this idea???

Comment

He is working for the NASA, so if ever, they will find it out. As far as i understand, the hardest task is to find the perfect plastic material for the bags. This was an unsolved problem back in 2009:

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/05...ion-12208.html

I didn't understand, that they have solved this problem so far.
          Last edited by Ralf__; September 26th, 2012, 16:58.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Very interesting … (and I heard it first here!). Will look into this further …

Comment

Really makes you think when you look at the graph that shows how much bio-fuel is produced per acre by all the various plants. Soya, sunflower etc, only 50 - 100 gallons per acre per year each. I have no idea how much normal oil is produced each year throughout the world, obviously billions of gallons, and when you think of amounts like that, you start to think about just how much land would be needed to produce even half that amount of bio-fuel. And when you consider the growing need for land to be used for food crops, you soon realise there cannot be enough spare land on earth for all of it. But going back to that graph, wow, 2000 - 5000 gallons per acre without using any of the land needed for food crops. Certainly makes you think doesn't it!
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

MOSCOW............. I folk , it is a big birthday for me this year so to celebrate I am off on a city break to Moscow. Something on my wish list to visit Red Square and the Kremlin. I am going on my own, so I hope to have some lovely photos for CV forum. That will be followed by another birthday celebration with my two daughters to Iceland to see the Northern Lights. So a busy month in October. So a great chance for some good shots.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

That sounds to be a lot of adventures and fun. Have a safe trip and we will expect your impressing pictures.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

So exciting Christine!!!!! Look forward to all your travellers tales.

Comment

Looking forward to the photos! Kiki on tour!!!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Dear Kiki,

That sounds like a wonderfully exotic destination. I wish you safe travels, tons of experiences and hope it will be just what you expect it to be.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

[QUOTE=pakarang;95470]Dear Kiki,

That sounds like a wonderfully exotic destination. I wish you safe travels, tons of experiences and hope it will be just what you expect it to be.[/
                          QUOTE]

it was so interesting, I just loved the history of it all. So many other place to visit but i was happy with what i did.. Not many people there speak English and i only manages to meet an American couple who helped me find the entrance to the kremlin. everything is so vast. The weather stayed dry , so that was a blessing as well.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Well I have returned from Moscow and now off on thursday with my daughters to Iceland to see the Northern Lights !!!!!!!!! or I hope we do. so that will be the next travel photos, hope i can add them better than the Moscow ones, it isn't always easy with Photobucket at times.
                            Last edited by kiki42; October 19th, 2012, 17:54.

Comment

Oh how exciting, more travels so soon! I already had a quick look at the Moscow photos, and was so fascinated I though I’d write to you later in that thread when I have time to give them the attention they deserve. I’ve never been there, whereas seeing your Iceland photos will be different as for me it is a more familiar destination, though not at this time of year. I will have my fingers crossed that you will be fortunate to see the Northern Lights!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                                Oh how exciting, more travels so soon! I already had a quick look at the Moscow photos, and was so fascinated I though I’d write to you later in that thread when I have time to give them the attention they deserve. I’ve never been there, whereas seeing your Iceland photos will be different as for me it is a more familiar destination, though not at this time of year. I will have my fingers crossed that you will be fortunate to see the Northern Lights!
                                hi , i have noticed on the Moscow thread there is a red cross now on some which were there before, so dont know what has happened, if its cv forum or photobucket, will need to find out when i have more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X