Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words of Wisdom

Signs seen at a restaurant in Dorset Road, Singapore:

A little used thread, but I though it maybe worthwhile to revive it with this chronicle from Splash 24/7 today.
    It was written by a person I have had some dealings with over the years since he came to Singapore many years ago now. I always found him both knowledgeable, courteous and friendly:
    https://splash247.com/ceo-chronicles...-of-my-career/

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
      A little used thread, but I though it maybe worthwhile to revive it with this chronicle from Splash 24/7 today.
      It was written by a person I have had some dealings with over the years since he came to Singapore many years ago now. I always found him both knowledgeable, courteous and friendly:
      https://splash247.com/ceo-chronicles...-of-my-career/
      I saw this article earlier, from another source, and it has some great advice. Thank you for sharing it.

I also have a great "words of wisdom" that I learnt earlier this week:

"FRIENDS ARE LIKE BOOBS. You've got big ones, small ones, real ones and fake ones".

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

An unemployed man applying for the Microsoft wash job. A few years later he has a perfect point.

An unemployed man applied for a job as a cleaner at Microsoft. The tasks were to wash floors, desks and toilets every afternoon.

The chief of staff summoned the man to a meeting, and after talking a little, he says;

"You're hired! Give me your email address and I will send you the contract and all the information you need! ”

The desperate man looked at the staff manager and said he had no computer or e-mail address.

The chief of staff replied; "Since we are a modern company where everything is done electronically, unfortunately you cannot get a job with us without an e-mail address. Sorry!"

The man went low back from the interview. He had a few dollars in his wallet and went to the store. There he saw some strawberries on offer. He bought 10 kilos and sat down in a nearby parking lot and started selling them again.

After a few hours he had doubled his money. After even more hours, he had doubled his money. He went home with a smile on his mouth, and figured he might survive this way. Every day he did the same thing and every day he doubled his money. Not long afterwards he could buy himself a small wagon, and then a van.

The man stood up and worked hard. One year later he had a whole fleet of vans, and several employees.

Five years later, the man owned one of the largest food chains in the country. He thought it was time to slow down a bit on the job, and make sure the family was well insured. He stepped up at an insurance agency and got to talk to a nice man.

At the end of the call, the insurance seller asked for the man's email address. The man said he did not have an email address. The seller was surprised and said; "You have built a business empire and have no email address. Imagine what you would have gotten if you had an email address when you started! "

The man thought, before answering, "Well, I would have been washing the Microsoft toilets."

The internet does not solve all your problems! Share the story further if you liked it
        PS> But if you are not on the internet you wouldn't be able to read these wise words.

Comment

That is a great story though....
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X