On the TV now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the TV now...

Every time I feel like telling you about a tv programme, I also belive I don't have to make a new thread.
    Don't know if the title is covering what I intended, but it was the best I could come up with right now.
    Anyway....., sitting here watching Travel Channel and came over an interesting programme: 'PhotoXplorers'
    (Then I thought of all the photographers in here And if some of you others in here want to tell us all about any tv programme, please feel free to use this thread ).

Tonights episode (nr. 4) : 'Abandoned Castle, Belgium'.
    'PhotoXplorers' follows an adventurous band of photographers as they capture images of abandoned buildings.
    We follow the group as they pick an object (castle in Belgium this time), and watch how they plan their "attack".
    Interesting to see how much effort they put into getting into the abandoned castle and how the different members find their motives
    (You should see this J-O, if you got Travel on your tv).

Never heared of them before, but found their web-page:
    http://www.photoxplorers.com/episodes.html
    Last edited by Sterkoder; January 22nd, 2010, 23:10.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Trying to change title to TV now (and delite - in Norway) , but I can't manage. J-O...., can you help out...?

Comment

Sadly, I don't have any Travel channels on my telly....
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Very good idea for a thread Sterkoder, lot's of times i have seen something of interest on the TV and thought it should be announced. Once or twice i have made a post with information, but have never been sure where to put it. Seems silly to have new threads everytime an interesting program is coming. You have now solved the problem with this thread.

From now on i will use this thread for TV program announcements
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
          Very good idea for a thread Sterkoder, lot's of times i have seen something of interest on the TV and thought it should be announced. Once or twice i have made a post with information, but have never been sure where to put it. Seems silly to have new threads everytime an interesting program is coming. You have now solved the problem with this thread.

From now on i will use this thread for TV program announcements
          This was exactly my intention with the thread.
          Some might think how in heavens name I have time for a "life" when being on CV large parts of the day AND watching tv....
          Well...., don't be alarmed! I'm perfectly normal (some might even argue that), I have a job and family and are in fact enjoying life

And thank you for changing the title, Jan-Olav!

Comment

Norwegian tv-channel NRK1 Sunday evening the 30th January at 20:15 local time: 'Siste reis med RS STavanger' (Last voyage with RS Stavanger).

RS Stavanger is an old NSSR colin archer which for several years rested in Kristiansund. Last year they broke loose and sailed to Vesterålen for a final voyage from that point down the coast to Bygdøy in Oslo.
            There she's going to be put on dry land as a museum.

Programme last until 20:55 local, and I belive it's very viewable...., having seen the trailer

And here are my pictures of RS Stavanger in Kristiansund 13th April 2009, the day before she left for Vesterålen. She returned for a stop in Kristiansund on her way to Bygdøy on 17th May, so hopefully we'll see some tv-images from my town.

And on the 14th she left the city

With a little help though, due to almost no wind present...
            Last edited by Sterkoder; January 31st, 2010, 13:49.

Comment

I can't wait to see this one.... hopefully, I will remember the start!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

WOW....., fantastic programme!!!!
                (The NSSR has done many more things throughout the years than getting rid of ropes fastened in the propellers of leisure craft drivers in calm Oslofjord. Sorry, you Oslo folks in here! I was refering to the NSSR series sent on NRK a couple of years ago, not giving any justice to the organization. But hey..., that's me).

Programme about RS Stavangers last voyage now available on the following NRK link: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/600742

A few seconds of commercial first, but just be patient
                And as always, it's norwegian speaking only, but fantastic photography.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, it was a very exiting program and a good production from NRK. It's great seeing the license fees being used to something of such a good quality.

Thumbs Up!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, it was a very exiting program and a good production from NRK. It's great seeing the license fees being used to something of such a good quality.

Thumbs Up!
                    You've mentioned it before, but tonight it's almost scary how alike we think.
                    I just thought that myself during the programme, that this would never have been made if the tv-channel were all commercial...., never.
                    The tv-licence is just about too expencive now, but I strongly belive we need it.

Comment

Deadly Crossing.

For those that can receive ITV4, tonight at 7.00pm is an hour long documentary called 'Deadly Crossing'.

Documentary following six men who pilot giant ships over the treacherous waters of the Columbia River sand bar in Washington, USA, a job which has claimed the lives of 700 sailors.
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                        For those that can receive ITV4, tonight at 7.00pm is an hour long documentary called 'Deadly Crossing'.
                        Well, it was interesting, but it would have been much better if it stuck to the facts and didn't try to dramatise every single thing. It was made along similar lines to the 'Deadliest Catch' series, and the 'Ice Road Truckers'. Again, interesting, but they go way over the top with the dramatisation.

Comment

Not exactly "on tv right now", but rather in a years time

The norwegian members in here are very familiar with the NRK journalist Dag Lindebjerg and his tv-series about ships, boats, coastal heritage, fishery and such, and now he's planning a new serie on NRK1 about coastal communities and people and what they do in this modern time and age.

I read about his plans in just a couple of lines in the latest issue of SALT magazine, and it triggered my interest so much so that I sent Mr. Lindebjerg a couple of mails.
                          As the great and down to earth guy he is, I received answers very promptly, and here's a summary of what he told me:

He starts his journey in Grense Jacobselv on the Russian/Norwegian border May 1st, and travel the coastal line of Norway to end up in Skjærhalden on the Swedish/Norwegian border 5 months later.
                          He will visit 100 places as he sail the half day and makes tv the other half, and this will in the late winter of 2011 result in 10 tv-programmes.
                          Unfortunately, he told me, he wouldn't be able to visit the fjords this time, due to the time they have on their hands, but he suggested he might want to make a journey to make a new series about the norwegian fjords maybe next year

To do the journey, he has rented 10 boats, all restored old boats exept one, a small rubber boat with a 4 HP outboard engine.

He told me he will visit Kristiansund 10th-11th July, and finally gave me the list of vessels he will travel by:

"Senjapynt"
                          "Anne Bro"
                          "Vegatind"
                          "Straumingen"
                          "Nybakk"
                          "Hardsjø" (ex. NSSR-vessel)
                          "Dagmar" (sail)
                          "Skøy" (ex. pilot-vessel)
                          "Østerøy"
                          + a small rubber boat of the type Grand

Well, then it's out to emty the shop for buckets of patients...

Comment

Tuesday 10. August at 20:00 to 21:00, norwegian tv channel TV2:

Broom Live: Jan-Erik Larsen has a great day at work when he get to fly with one of the brand new Lockheed C-130 Hercules' of 335 sqn. RNoAF.

Later this week:
                            Check out NRK1 and Eurosport, as they will send Friday and Saturday from Toppidrettsuken in Kristiansund, where the skiing elite meets to compete on roller skis....

'Toppidrettsveka' time schedule:
                            NRK1 13. August 22:00-22:30
                            NRK1 14. August 12:00-14:00 and 21:55-22:25
                            EuroSport 14. August 12:00-14:00
                            EuroSport 16. August don't remember the time, but they will send highlights from the Kristiansund (and Aure) events.
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 10th, 2010, 20:16.

Comment

At 20:00 local norwegian time, Travel Channel will air episode 1 of a series called "Cruising to the Northern Lights".
                              Have no idea what it is all about, but found the title interesting.
                              Guess I will know in 8 minutes time

EDIT: This can be fantastic, as we follow Kim Hartmann (the secretary of Herr Flick of the Gestapo in 'Alo 'Alo tv-series) on board "Saga Pearl II" from England to Northern Norway!!!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; September 29th, 2010, 20:02.

Comment

Working...
                              X