Clear All

Some views of the Esplanade Theatre:

Comment

Comment

Comment

The old Hill Street Police Station

Comment

Comment

The delightful Edwardian architecture of the Central Fire Station which now also houses a Civil Defence Heritage centre.

Comment

I think that Ombugge will have enjoyed seeing a visitor’s view of his home city – again an absolutely huge thank you for the day we met up. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been able to contribute to this excellent and, to judge from the views numbers, a hugely popular thread.

And as always I’d like to thank our Captain for giving us a forum home. (Note to Captain: you’ll have to go back all the way to #415 page 21 to catch up on all I’ve been posting with pakarang-like intensity while you’ve been away!!!!!)

But right here right now I’d like to end with something from Singapore specially for pakarang...

Comment

… and I know that he’ll appreciate this lion mascot too!

Comment

I am quite exhausted to follow up this thread, which grew so fast! I haver to return again with more time an patience. Such a lot of wonderful pictures (quick section of favourites out of the last posts: #559, #563/2 !!
                    Thank you so much.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      A nice spot! I never knew, I have never seen....
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Possibly my ideal dream tropical retreat when I win the lottery.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh... my oh my, you have been bus this past week!

There are so many great shots from Singapore int his thread now, that I can hardly pick a favourite shot anymore. It's like an impossible task.

Comment

I think that Ombugge will have enjoyed seeing a visitor’s view of his home city – again an absolutely huge thank you for the day we met up. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been able to contribute to this excellent and, to judge from the views numbers, a hugely popular thread.
                            I have indeed enjoyed this excursion around an area of Singapore I know very well. I am amazed at what you have managed to catch in the few free hours you had here in Singapore, spent mostly within walking distance from your hotel and the F1 venue, or on organized tours with few possibilities of individualisme.

When you mentioned it I also noticed that this thread has got a relatively huge following lately. Right now standing at over 25,000 views, which may not be a lot compared to what so called celebrities gets (even if caught farthing in public) but here on CVF it is among the most viewed, I believe.

If you have more, please post them here. That may even warm you up in these cold winter days.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              ....If you have more, please post them here. That may even warm you up in these cold winter days.
                              Actually, ignoring “duplicates” like bracketed exposures, first attempts in photographically tricky situations, or busy places with lots of people (when I usually rapidly fire off several photos so as to pick the best configuration and composition later) you have seen it ALL!

I know … most unusual for me to have presented a whole trip within just a couple of months of it taking place, or indeed to show so much of what I photographed! Especially having the most special of trips to Norway dominating my attention so soon afterwards.

(There is only one thing that has escaped, and which would go in the F1 or a photo thread anyway – one of the entertainment shows at the circuit, namely The Chippendales !!!!!!!!! Anyone fancy seeing them? Ummm, I think I might have to pass that one by Captain first … maybe a bit risqué, especially as I would be bound to select their “men in uniform” routine – which had a decidedly nautical flavour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Anyway, back in This is Singapore …it has been an honour to have contributed, I had a great time in your city, and hope to have done a little to encourage others to discover it for themselves.

Comment

...and hope to have done a little to encourage others to discover it for themselves.
                                Oh, you are not helping me very much. We had just figured out our 2011 travel schedule and you go and tempt me with all those wonderful photos of Singapore. Now I'm second guessing our 2011 plans and seeing if there is a way to squeeze in a trip to that side of the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X