X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

In some spare moments on subsequent days (for Raffles is close to one of the entrances to the racing circuit) I returned to take more photographs which I will show you in the next instalment.

Comment

Meanwhile, here is Raffles Hotel dressed for x-mas:

PS> I can assure you, if you book a table at your next visit, you WILL be seated at "your" table, unless you had a complaint about the seating on your last visit that is. That is the standard of service they pride themselves of at Raffles.
            (If you just walk in off the street in a year or two, I'm not sure if they would manage, but don't be surprised if they do )

Comment

It looks so charming and festive! So pleased to see those photos, Ombugge.

I bought a book about the hotel, but as I will be spending Christmas Day with D it is customary for Santa to confiscate such presents-to-self from September onward, not to be touched until Christmas Day. So that will be my Christmas at Raffles!

So… I’d better post my photos now before being put off doing so after seeing the professional ones in the book!
              Ummmm, I did take a lot of photos ….

Comment

The Tiffin Room.

Comment

Comment

The Long Bar, which was actually relocated to the Arcade area from the lobby during the 1989/91 redevelopment. I didn’t stay to sample a Singapore Sling, but these F1 racing supporters were happy if I included theirs in my photo!

Comment

The Courtyard restaurant:

Comment

Comment

A view from the street, showing the contrast in age and style of nearby buildings.

Comment

Comment

This is one of the entrances from the surrounding streets that leads into the Arcade area …

… and stairs to various levels.

Comment

Now I’m just going to wander around, as it were, and show you images which I hope will convey something of the ambience and delights of Raffles Hotel.

Comment

Working...
                                X