Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

It probably goes without saying that I could have spent much longer in Little India, but it was time to head back to meet up with D...

... and oh yes, in case you were wondering, he DID get that 10-24mm F3.5 lens!!!!

Comment

I liked this walk very much - you know, why - because this shows real life. Now i can imagine the circumstances in Singapore. Very colorful! Thank you.
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Emerald Hill Road

I had been thinking I’d next step back from what Ralf has described as real life, into the nostalgia of Raffles Hotel. It is after all the place British folk first think of whenever Singapore is mentioned, and quite possibly the only thing they know about Singapore. Should they actually visit the city, they will at least soon realise the existence of Little India, Clarke Quay, Orchard Road … (I already mentioned that flight video didn’t I!).

So before Raffles, and in contrast to all those other places, I’m going to give you a glimpse of somewhere I would never have known the existence of were it not for CaptainsVoyage and a post of Ombugge’s earlier in this thread – Emerald Hill Road.

As he explained, this street is merely a few steps away from the hustle and bustle of the Orchard Road shops, but a world apart. So during my last few hours in Singapore, I braved increasingly heavy rain, and, juggling umberella and camera, found my way there exactly as Ombugge had described.

It wasn’t the weather for sitting outside the pub as in ombugge’s photo though.

Comment

The rain and fading light limited even my photograph-taking, though the architecture of the terraced houses, dating from the first quarter of the 20th century, came to my rescue. The first floors overhang, forming an arcade-like sheltered pavement at ground level. Only occasionally did I venture out into the road to attempt a photograph.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X