No announcement yet.

This is Singapore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decorations for the Autumn festival added to the already colourful surroundings.

Comment

It got busier and busier, and, reckoning that interesting local eating places would not provide a quiet oasis for discussions about lens purchases, I suddenly spotted an Ibis Hotel, complete with restaurant.

Comment

This turned out to be not only appropriate to our needs but rather a success, and I even enjoyed myself photographing some of the excellent lunch dishes!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Decisions made, and D refreshed, and I had even negotiated my freedom! D would return to Sim Lim Centre on his own. I pointed out a taxi pick up point so he could then return to our hotel, and I would see him later in the afternoon at our grandstand at the racing circuit.

So with a little time to myself, and before once again crossing the road and the road-works to Little India, I first had a wander in the area around Bencoolen, Albert and Bugis Streets.

Comment

Darling Lady C! Wonderful photo surprise today! And the comments are almost as good as the photography! You have me laughing out loud!

Comment

Ah, delighted that you enjoyed that Lady E! …but now we are getting to more photos than comments as I explore the area, and so I think that your famous splattered and stained computer keyboard will be safe from spilt coffee for the next few episodes! Enjoy!

Comment

Bugis Street, for decades known for its colourful transvestite bars, is now all about shopping...

...and there are more shops and bazaars around Albert and Waterloo Streets.

Comment

Touching the statue of Hotei outside this shop is said to bring good luck. (Loved the easy-roll-out castors!)

Comment

But whether in the crowded pedestrian shopping streets or exploring the quieter lanes behind and between them, I enjoyed looking around and above to discover so many fascinating details.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X