Comment

The clock tower of the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall

Comment

View towards City Hall

Comment

The Helix Bridge

(…more to follow!)

Comment

Moving around the observation platform I’m looking towards the Flyer big wheel, the last corners of the race circuit, and yes, that’s a golf course.

Comment

Comment

There was a “no sail zone” close in to the perimeter of the track, as you can see marked out here … and then I watched further along, fascinated by the changing pattern of the lines behind the boat.

Comment

Comment

The view of housing developments beyond the golf course.

Comment

Looking in the distance towards the airport at Changi.
                      Edit: Correction – it’s the old Paya Lebar Airport – see ombugge’s post #367 below.
                      Last edited by Seagull; October 29th, 2010, 18:36.

Comment

I was attracted by the pattern here…

Comment

I don’t know exactly what this new building is…

Comment

…but here it is in context. This view also shows the barrage which will make the river and Marina Bay a freshwater reservoir.

Comment

Comment

I became fascinated with the “pattern pictures” to be found in observing the building site from this vantage point. Umm, I ought to have kept something like this back for a “What place is this” puzzle, to see how long our Singapore resident would take to identify his home town!
                                Actually you should all at this point play on Google Earth for a while to get a further impression of the scale of the developments here. The speed too, although surely it couldn’t have been quite as fast as the copyright year 2010 might suggest?

Comment

Working...
                                X