No announcement yet.

This is Singapore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing along by the river, there is a view across to Riverside Point, with its many bars andrestaurants.

Comment

The area of Riverside Point, and Clarke Quay on the opposite bank, is clearly popular for boat trips.

Comment

Here is Clarke Quay. Don’t ask me about the nightlife –remember that the Singapore Grand Prix is a night race, so that was my evenings sorted! Sure there were those race goers who wandered back to their hotels and, lured by these night spots ended up back on European time! –but I took the efficiently organised taxis from the far point of the circuit directly to the hotel, ready for a good nights sleep and early start of new explorations the following day!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Many decorations celebrated the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival which had just ended.

Comment

That’s quite a lot of photographs of this section of the river I’ve shown you, but if it had to be one image, here it is (–or rather two stitched together as a panorama!):

Next: I passed the place where Raffles landed, and on to a reminder of Scotland in Singapore!

Comment

Thanks, C!! These photos bring back happy memories of the two days I spent there a few years back!!!

Comment

From Clarke Quay, the view looking down river towards Coleman Bridge, with the elegant lampposts of its predecessor, is impressive. In the distance, the 1906 clock tower of the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall is seen set against one of the towers of the new Marina Bay Sands hotel complex.

Comment

Passing the Chinese festival decorations, a pedestrian underpass avoids the traffic crossing Coleman Bridge …

…and next is Elgin Bridge.

Comment

The view towards Boat Quay, another area where old shophouses have become bars and restaurants, now seen in front of the high rise buildings of the Central Business District.

Comment

Comment

I had now reached Raffles Landing.

Comment

Statue of Sir Stamford Raffles

Comment

Working...
                                X