X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A busy food court . . .

We stopped here for a beer.

Comment

Next a quick look at the variety of shops in the many levels of this building . . .

. . . before crossing a bridge over a busy thoroughfare. Everywhere there were decorations for the autumn festival.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

At this point, it started to rain quite heavily and we decided to stop a while to drink and chat before continuing our walk.

To be continued…

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      A busy food court . . .

As you can see this stall is specializing in Frog, served in various forms.

Comment

I haven't read every post in this thread, but it's a fascinating city you are showing us, ombugge. I have never been there.
                        How come we find an ålesunder in this spot of the world?
                        (Are there room for another?)
                        Regards; Sigve.
                        ---
                        IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                          I haven't read every post in this thread, but it's a fascinating city you are showing us, ombugge. I have never been there.
                          How come we find an ålesunder in this spot of the world?
                          (Are there room for another?)
                          These last pictures are from Seagull, as can be seen by the quality.
                          How did an Aalesunder end up in Singapore???
                          I kind of "drifted ashore" here sometime in 1967 and has regarded Singapore as home ever since. (See the thread "My Ship(s))

If there are space for another Aalesunder?, Yes, certainly.
                          There are now abt. 1600 Norwegians living here more or less permanently now. Some for a couple of years contracts, some for life.

A lot of Norwegian companies are established here, mostly in Shipping, Offshore or related industries, but also banks, insurance, trading and manufacturing.

Plenty of opportunities for someone with the right background and attitude. When can we expect to see you here Sigve???

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

This shop made me think especially of pakarang.
                            And this Buddha image would naturally be the same as the one I'm carrying around my neck as well. It called Phra Phutta Chinnarat: the original of this image is located in Phitsanulok, Thailand.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Your images from Singapore is such a treat this morning, one of those morning when I'm sitting here in a cold city in Norway and dreaming of warmer days back then.

Your photographic eye is extraordinary!

And what a generous host ombugge must have been for you: a true gentleman to show you the right areas of his city. I'm so proud of having both of you as members of the CVF family and I'm very happy that we all meet in many places around the world.
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                ....what a generous host ombugge must have been for you: a true gentleman to show you the right areas of his city. I'm so proud of having both of you as members of the CVF family and I'm very happy that we all meet in many places around the world.
                                He most certainly was, and I guess it’s kind of fascinating for ombugge to see photos he actually saw me taking! - hopefully the results are a further thank you from me to him to add to the enormous thanks I have already conveyed.

We had not been completely sure that a get together would be possible until the day before, what with ombugge’s work and all my race-going and group activities (not to mention getting a mobile phone working!), but it all turned out brilliantly. And yes, pakarang, all because of your CV family

Comment

Working...
                                X