No announcement yet.

This is Denmark / Copenhagen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Copenhagen thereb are moored some Light house shipe, Cederser Rev is one of them, laying in Nyhavn

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Another lighthouse ship is Fyrskip No XI, moored in the main canal.

Øistein

Comment

In the canals and near the Opera House there are some old ferries, now rebuilt to homes.

This one with a large new construction on the car deck.

Or this one with a pavilion in each end
        Øistein

Comment

Here is one old style with two floor.

Øistein

Comment

Europe map on a building wall at Kongens Nytorv.

The map is made by plants, and given wather by a sprinkler system.

Sign telling about the wall, what kind of plants and other details
            Øistein

Comment

Re: This is Denmark / Copenhagen

Returning to this thread after a while, I am surprised that it hadn’t paused with an enthusiastic post from me about Oistein’s terrific photos – especially as, far from having missed seeing them, I remember them very well. So maybe I made some mention of the canals and ships in another thread somewhere. But right now it is especially nice to admire the very Spring feeling in the images of that imaginative flower-map celebrating biodiversity and Europe in Bloom. But I’m sorry, I’m about to plunge you all back into winter season! What follows is a kind of seasonal Christmas gift to my CV Family…

Comment

Tivoli Gardens, Christmas 2011

Whether due to complete lack of snow in contrast to last year or just my mood, I have not been feeling particularly “Christmassy” this last week. Thinking about it, I never have been a particularly Christmassy person anyway. I’ve always thought there was a kind of collective madness taking over folk at this time of year… and even as a child I always knew “Santa” was Mum and Dad, ‘cos I never did get a Meccano set or a telescope or….well, you see what I mean. On the other hand, trolls, pixies and the like have always been part of my imaginative life, though not always in ways Disney would have it. Now if only he and I had been born Danish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For there is one place that never fails to fill me with seasonal cheer, a place that continues to be loved by folk whatever their age… Copenhagen’s Tivoli Gardens. This year they opened for Christmas on November 11th . Yes, there are times when Tivoli is actually closed, thus giving folk something to look forward to. That also suggests to me a certain civic confidence…the same that allowed that other great tourist attraction, the Little Mermaid, to be sent off to China for eight months!

It so happened that prior to a long-haul flight I was stopping over in Copenhagen on November 20th. Inevitably I found myself heading for Tivoli…

There was no snow as there had been for pakarang’s visit a year ago…indeed the weather was increasingly damp and very foggy…but it is still magic and wonderful…
                With pakarang-like pace I took far too many photos, though with less flair and skill, but I will simply post them all. leaving you to make your own personal pick of photo presents…

Comment

Comment

This year instead of the hearts in front of the “Moorish Palace” Nimb, (now a hotel), there were glittering swans!

Comment

Think Tchaikovsky and his music for the ballet “Swan Lake”. For Russian music will prepare you for the theme of Tivoli’s centrepiece this Christmas –“Russian Fairytale Christmas”!

Comment

The most colourful of creations!…onion domes surround a Christmas tree, a carillon chimes cheerily…

Comment

and inside…a "Russian Bears" centrepiece to the café.

Comment

Oh look, Fabergé eggs seen from a toy train ride! I hope they go round twice so that Mum gets to see them too!

Comment

Comment

So this is where the sparkling hearts from Nimb have been relocated!

Comment

Working...
                                X